Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does snoop shout?

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

What is it that snoop shouts to get someones attention, she sounds like a cat and has anyone an explaination for her doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Whos snoop?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

karlog wrote: »
    Whos snoop?

This young lady here

142856__snoop_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

karlog wrote: »
    Whos snoop?
    boards.ie > Arts > Television > The Wire

if you don't know who snoop is then i think you might be in the wrong part of town mate. ;)

either that or you REALLY need to catch up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I could never figure out wtf she was saying. used to try and switch the the subtitles on whenever she appeared

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Happynappy wrote: »
    What is it that snoop shouts to get someones attention, she sounds like a cat and has anyone an explaination for her doing this?

I think you hit the nail on the head, She does some kind of cat call to get peoples attention. I don't think there's any more to it than that, but I may be wrong (and have been before)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

doesn't sound like a word...something like

eeeuuuuwwwwww.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

Thats cool, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't a bit of a story behind it, thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I remember reading somewhere that the reason the Wire didn't do as well as anticipated originally was because characters were 'too black' and hard to understand. I always thought it was idiocy, I mean, we all see Snoop Dogg.

Then I came across Snoop. ><

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ Dodgy

I think the best bit is the **! As if the profanity wasn't already hidden enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

she's had about as tough a life as it gets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/15/AR2007031501664.html

very interesting reading.

seems like her character in the wire is pretty much autobiographical.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I remember reading somewhere that the reason the Wire didn't do as well as anticipated originally was because characters were 'too black' and hard to understand. I always thought it was idiocy, I mean, we all see Snoop Dogg.

Then I came across Snoop. ><

I think its more to do with the fact it wasn't CSI Baltimore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I didnt relise that she was a girl till near the end :confused:

Here's a funny scene where the guy in the store has absolutly no idea what she is saying:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

Hazys wrote: »

Here's a funny scene where the guy in the store has absolutly no idea what she is saying:

"Are you contractin or doin some work around the house?"
    "Nah, we work all over":D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Same for me.When I eventually figured out she was a girl,it was a real wtf!? moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Actually he knows exactly what she is saying,hence the shocked look on his face when she says:

Man, sh!t. I seen a tiny-ass .22 round-nose drop a ni**er plenty of days, man. Motherf*ckers get up in you like a pinball, rip your @ss up. Big joints, though... Big joints, man, just break your bones, you say, "f*ck it." I'm gonna go with this right here, man. How much do I owe you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Did you not notice that she clearly isnt wearing a bra in the Youtube clip?

Personally I never got the whole I couldn’t understand what certain characters were saying thing as I heard pretty clearly. Although I’m not saying I immediately knew all of the terminology used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

rovert wrote: »
    Did you not notice that she clearly isnt wearing a bra in the Youtube clip?

Personally I never got the whole I couldn’t understand what certain characters were saying thing as I heard pretty clearly. Although I’m not saying I immediately knew all of the terminology used.

Well yeh I do now but it isn't that noticeable, especially when you are not looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

tvnutz wrote: »
    doesn't sound like a word...something like
    eeeuuuuwwwwww.... :P

probably like a slang version of "Hey you !!"

when I started watching Season 1 I couldn't understand what there were saying, even from Scene 1 where McNulty is talking to the young black kid on the street after a murder. Bu tI stuck with it 'cos everyone had said it was a brilliant show, and by the later seasons I really understand what they were saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ Dodgy

Loveless wrote: »
    Bu tI stuck with it 'cos everyone had said it was a brilliant show, and by the later seasons I really understand what they were saying.

It really is unmissable. No one around here was talking about it, I think the accents and the plot development pushed people back if they weren't there from the start of the season. But I started watching the BBC rerun and watching each episode without ads for the hour has really highlighted how good it is. It's now the only unmissable thing in the TV week for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Kicking myself now when I realise that TG4 used to show "The Wire" back in 2005, and they used to show 'Homicide" too, but usually like at 11:30 at night

Advertisement