Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for info for a friend?

Options
  • 29-07-2009 8:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Right, a friend of mine just moved to Galway for a year from Washington state, he lived there for 4-ish years and lived in Hawai before that.

He has surfed for most of his life and is used to big waves but says that he doesn't care about size, just that he has something to surf.

Where would be the best place for him to surf?

He doesn't want to travle mental distances and will mostly be doing day trips.

Anyone here living in Galway that goes on day trips willing to offer some advice/give him a lift with you the bext time you are going somewhere?

He is free every Monday and one or two other days every week.

cheers in advance lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

From Galway, the usual spots would be Lahinch, Fanore, Strandhill, Carrowniskey, Achill and the like. Although if he has surfed all his life he might want something more challenging, Crab Island or something maybe.

I can't really commit to offering lifts and such due to work commitments and the fact that I'm doing more windsurfing than surfing these days, but I'll drop you a PM next time I'm planning a surf trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

I live in galway during the week but am from clare so if I go down to lahinch I'd usually be staying down (nothing beats mammys home cookin! ;) )

Anyway there is a bus service from Galway to lahinch (via doolin) if he is interested. http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=57
    It doesn't go very often, in fact looking at the timetable it doesn't go as far as lahinch most of the time! :rolleyes:

I would say hook up with the galway surfers club but they seem to have disappeared from the internet!

I too will drop a PM if I'm going down and coming back the same day. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Do they allow non students/alumni to join?
    I suppose they wouldn't deprive a fellow surfer of a lift anyway! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

Not a notion I'm afraid - dropping them a comment / mail is probably your mates best bet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement