Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rf101 form error

Options
  • 29-07-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Hope you can help.

Just noticed there on my rf101 (registration certificate) form that the description of the car is incorect.

For example, it is described as BMW 320 E46 150BHP, when in fact it is a BMW 320 MSPORT E92 MODEL

How do I get this corrected asap?

I purchased the car back in December and was just reading over the rf101 form by chance

Hope you can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Sounds dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like the RF100 may be correct and the car needs correcting :D

hopefull.y thats not the case

where did you buy the car?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

did you import the car yourself?

did you buy it from a dealer?

maybe it was VTR'd as something lower, ie the older E46 to avail of a much cheaper VRT rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thecutter

Thanks for the replies lads.

It is defo an e92 model. As there is a big difference in its looks to an e46.

I purchased it from a well known garage in Dublin.

If it was the case that it was vrt'd as an earlier model, where do I stand and how do I go about getting it sorted?

I assume if the worst happened and the car was wrote off, id only get the market value of an e46 even though it quite clearly is an e92?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What if it is a stolen car registered with a spurious document?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thecutter

Bluefoam wrote: »
    What if it is a stolen car registered with a spurious document?

I never even thought of that.... how would I find that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I'd also check that the reg and chassis numbers match your car aswell, but if I were you I'd be very interested in what the dealer has to say! There might have been an innocent mistake somewhere that they can help you rectify.

I would be surprised if it was a VRT issue, aren't all cars inspected by the VRO before a VRT amount is imposed? Though I'm assuming that the inspector would check the details on your form match those of the car/database...

Anyway, before you get too far down the conspiracy theory road, maybe give the dealer a chance to investigate and see if they can help or fix the problem. If not then it's on the phone to the vehicle registration office in shannon with you.

It might be as simple as a change of particulars form RF111 from here and here.

You should find out whether the car was imported though, as this might make a difference as to how you approach the problem i.e. with respect to Revenue, VRT and the dealer!

Advertisement