Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelers Get All Motorbike Tests Canceled in Clare

Options
  • 29-07-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

So I have been waiting 8 months to take my driving test. It *was* scheduled for 10:15 am tomorrow. I get a call an hour or so ago from some guy at the RSA who tells me all the bike tests are canceled and will be rescheduled because a road the instructor uses for the test has a bunch of caravans that moved on to it a few days ago.

I took a pre-test with a local instructor to be familiar with the route and the roads here in Clare. I was on that very road YESTERDAY. The caravans are on the road, but the travellers never came out when we were doing our testing (i.e. star stop, obstical avoidance, etc). In fact, they are a bit down the road from the area the instructors normally use for the test.

Either way the RSA says with people living there they can't test. I asked why doesn't the instructor use a different road then? I was told it would take months to have the proper persons to come out and designate a new road for the test. I asked could the move me to another testing area. They said they could, but I would be moved to the bottom of the list and forced to wait another six month.

So either way I am screwed. The RSA lad said it could be months before they can get the travelers moved off the road, and in the meantime, all bike tests in Co. Clare are canceled.

I'm rather pissed off that a few lads in a caravan are able to have all driving tests in the county canceled until further notice.

Anyone know who I should lodge a complaint with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Not sure who u would complain too but keep ringing back and you'll get to talk to different people in the RSA, some of whom will be more helpful than others. Ask to go on the cancelation list for a different test centre or make up some bull about your going away with work. I did that with the car licence and went thru 3 tests in about 3 weeks (got it in the end ;) ). Course might be a different story with bikes cus of lack of testers

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

CptSternn wrote: »
    So I have been waiting 8 months to take my driving test. It *was* scheduled for 10:15 am tomorrow. I get a call an hour or so ago from some guy at the RSA who tells me all the bike tests are canceled and will be rescheduled because a road the instructor uses for the test has a bunch of caravans that moved on to it a few days ago.

I took a pre-test with a local instructor to be familiar with the route and the roads here in Clare. I was on that very road YESTERDAY. The caravans are on the road, but the travellers never came out when we were doing our testing (i.e. star stop, obstical avoidance, etc). In fact, they are a bit down the road from the area the instructors normally use for the test.

Either way the RSA says with people living there they can't test. I asked why doesn't the instructor use a different road then? I was told it would take months to have the proper persons to come out and designate a new road for the test. I asked could the move me to another testing area. They said they could, but I would be moved to the bottom of the list and forced to wait another six month.

So either way I am screwed. The RSA lad said it could be months before they can get the travelers moved off the road, and in the meantime, all bike tests in Co. Clare are canceled.

I'm rather pissed off that a few lads in a caravan are able to have all driving tests in the county canceled until further notice.

Anyone know who I should lodge a complaint with?

i did my test in Ennis, my first date for my test was sept 08, then it was cancelled cause they had no where safe to perform the new manuovers, when the council opened that exit off the roundabout the tests began again, i finally did my test on 4th of june 09 (passed btw). i did my lessons with Mo (great instructor) (Ken is excellent too), when i did my test there was one caravan at the first gate just at first bend and then another couple down by the abbey, i voiced my conern about the condition of the road as there was gravel all over it from the work trucks. Its not an ideal road for the manouvers, there are tractors spilling crap on it, what is needed is a stretch of closed off road that isn't covered in crap. Keep contacting them, they have a habbit of forgetting people, don't think there has been any bike tests in Shannon since this time last yr, ur instructor will also be fighting the cases as its their livelyhood at risk.

good luck and keep us posted, keep practicing what u have been taught and the routes round Ennis.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Just a thought, i know Mo is an instructor for a few different area's, she might be able to give u an idea of waiting times and where to have ur name listed too, her number is 086 1223223. I'd have been lost wthout her help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I did my pre-test with Mo - I was on the very roads with the caravans the day before the test.

Advertisement