Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DART ad on Radio

Options
  • 29-07-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

This from new add advertising the Dart. Building sandcastles on Dollymount Beach. Dollymount nowhere near the dart. any other ones that we should put in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Well the nearest point any public transport takes you to Dollymount beach is Raheny village (29A/31/32 buses) and the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

KC61 wrote: »
    Well the nearest point any public transport takes you to Dollymount beach is Raheny village (29A/31/32 buses) and the DART.

Or the Clontarf end (rte 130)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

still very far away. Raheny Dart station probably the nearest station and thats a good half hour walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

They have ads up in the trains suggesting you get the DART to Dublin attractions . . . like the Shaw birthplace . . . in Synge Street. Nearest station Grand Canal Dock, but I wouldn't exactly call it near. They have it down as 15 mins walk - more like 20-25 I would have thought.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

zagmund wrote: »
    They have ads up in the trains suggesting you get the DART to Dublin attractions . . . like the Shaw birthplace . . . in Synge Street. Nearest station Grand Canal Dock, but I wouldn't exactly call it near. They have it down as 15 mins walk - more like 20-25 I would have thought.

z
    A bit optimistic, certainly. According to Google Maps it's 2.5km. Pearse would actually be marginally closer at 2.1km. 2.5km in 15 mins would be 10km/h which is a very brisk walk, even for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yeah like how about something simple. Book of Kells in Trinity College beside Pearse Station. Walk of howth near howth station. Canal walk beside grand canal dock etc. Now they are talking about The Commitments up in Ballymun Towers. I mean why not bring in the ring of Kerry or Kissing the blarney stone.

Advertisement