Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of getting my E90 320 D remapped.

Options
  • 29-07-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

So I have a price from Mcnamaras, but I searched boards and bmw-driver.net and lots of people mention Martin from http://www.autoremap.com/. What should I be paying for a remap? Is it worth it? Any negatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

I would think that a good remap would probably cost €300+...could cause turbo problems,i've heard the 320d have turbo trouble? (though maybe this has only been with the e46 models,i'm not too sure).Also it puts extra strain on transmission components (clutch,dual mass flywheel,driveshafts etc)Just get it done from a reputably company as i've heard of some lads getting their cars mapped and the car not running properly after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Make sure your car is out of warranty would be my advice, tell your insurance company, be aware of the added load on your transmission/tyres, etc. and possible associated costs. Too many negatives in my mind given that you have a quick car to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

kceire on here got his remapped if i remember correctly.

Drop him a pm if he doesn't see the thread and i'm sure he could give you some relevant advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Choose carefully, and pay for someone who really knows what they're doing.

I'd go to a recognised tuner like Superchips and get their plug and play device:

http://www.superchips.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&task=searchcat&Itemid=134

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Thanks for the advice lads!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kceire on here got his remapped if i remember correctly.

Drop him a pm if he doesn't see the thread and i'm sure he could give you some relevant advice.

thanks, as per my PM -

Hi Mate,

i would strongly advise you to get it done!
    the power delivery is great, the extra power is immense, and very very noticeable.

while the standard car is quick enough, my remapped car is now not just fast for a diesel but actually fast if you get what i mean!

theres nearly 400nM of torque after the remap, and just to give you an idea, the brand new Audi S4 only has 440Nm iirc, so that gives you an idea of the power!

martins remaps are all within the agerman manufacturers limits too which means that you wount put much extra strain on the car at all.

i havenet noticed any increase in MPG but more importantly i havent noticed aby decrease either, i recently drove from Finglas to Port Tumna with my 4 mates, full boot and inside packed to the rafters with booze and clothes and bags etc etc, i reset the trip when leaving my house and drove down, bit of driving down there and drove home, cruising about 120-140kmph on the motorways and still averaged 43mpg!

hope that helps, any more questions just give me a shout!

Keith.

ps - im in the middle of organising a group but for the rear licence plate bulb holders that are on the brand new BMW's with the xenon/led bulbs, and can get then for 45euro delivered here, error free on the dash and guaranteed from USA if your intrested.

link here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Kceire,

Thanks for the long post and PM. I've contacted Martin just waiting for him to get back to me. I think I'll probably go for it! The back reg holder light does look nice, but I don't know if I want to be any more visible to the garda!

Advertisement