Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heartbreak

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:38am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well we lost this one :(... I started to bleed early yesterday, got progressively heavier and I went into the Rotunda at about 5pm... They scanned me and it appears it stopped growing at around week 5, even though I'm still testing positive :confused:.. I have to go back in 10 days to see if I'll need a D&C.

Needless to say I won't be around this forum for a while, but maybe/hopefully I'll be back again.. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the advice and support in the past few weeks.. It's been an experience..

Best of luck to everyone Xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Ah Xzanti my heart breaks for you... you poor thing. Words can't really cover what needs to be said, nor can they help you in anyway... but I just hope you are doing as well as can be expected... Take all the time in the world and all the tlc in the world for the next while as you come to terms with your loss. Sending love and positive thoughts your way. X

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh xzanti.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Hi there Xzanti,
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. When I lived in Dublin over 12 years ago the same thing almost happened to me. Experienced some terrible heavy bleeding and went to the Rotunda for a early morning scan. I still don't know how but the baby was still there and well.

Will be thinking of you and hope you can heal with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Oh no xzanti, that's awful! My heart goes out to you. Look after yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Xzanti, really sorry about your loss hun. Reason you're still testing positive is HCG levels can stay in the system for a good while after the embryo stops growing. It's horrible to still feel like you're pregnant when you're not.

You'll be back soon, fingers crossed. x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

:(

You're in my prayers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

so so sorry for your loss. look after yourself and best wishes for the future. you'll get through this. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

So sorry to hear that Op. I hope that you stay strong.

Lots of love xxx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*hugs*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Xzanti - I pm'd you but just want to add to my condolances. We lost our baby in January at roughly the same age as your little angel. I found that letting a baloon go free to be really helpful - please also take some time off, you need it to adjust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I lost mine in Jan at 7 weeks and I know how hard it is. I didn't want anyone around me or to talk to me and just wanted to be alone but once I started to open up and talk about how I was feeling with my partner it helped so much. I remember feeling so angry about it and frustrated but it will get easier. Its such a hard thing to go through but your not alone and tonnes of women here have gone thro this and can help if you need to chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ciera

Ah Sorry!!!!
    HUGS....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thanks so much to everyone.. Everyone has been so great during this time. I'm starting to get my head around it now. And we will definately be trying again, we're not going to give up that easily :)

So watch this space x

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

I'm so sorry for your loss.:( I have been there twice myself so I know how you must be feeling and how much it hurts to lose a baby. Hang in there and just take it one day at a time! Hope you have lots of supportive people around you to help you through this hard time.

Best wishes and hope to see you back on here (in time, of course) with good news..... the light at the end of the tunnel ;).. xx

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well, today would have been my due date, I guess I just wanted to acknowledge it and let everyone know that I'm/we're doing fine, and while I do of course feel very sad today, I'm also hopeful for the future and I know everything happens for a reason..

We haven't started trying again yet, we're going to wait a while until we're a bit more settled etc.. but definately some day.. I Hope all the ladies who were on here around the time I was are doing well and have had successful and stress free pregnancies :).. I still check in on this forum every now and then to see how people are doing..

Best wishes

Xzanti

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

xzanti wrote: »
    Well, today would have been my due date, I guess I just wanted to acknowledge it and let everyone know that I'm/we're doing fine, and while I do of course feel very sad today, I'm also hopeful for the future and I know everything happens for a reason..

We haven't started trying again yet, we're going to wait a while until we're a bit more settled etc.. but definately some day.. I Hope all the ladies who were on here around the time I was are doing well and have had successful and stress free pregnancies :).. I still check in on this forum every now and then to see how people are doing..

Best wishes

Xzanti
    Sending you huge hugs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hope you're doing ok.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thinking of you both. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

You'll get there xzanti. chin up and best wishes to you and yours on this incredibly tough day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

xzanti I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope that in some way getting past the landmark of today will make things a bit easier for you both x

• Advertisement
Advertisement