Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bisping v Wand at UFC105

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

According to MMABay Michael Bisping v Wanderlai Silva is confirmed for UFC 105 in Manchester.

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%2002030.html

Should be a VERY interesting fight.

Can Bisping come back from the Henderson ko and score a victory over Wand, in his first fight at middleweight?

And if he can't, where does that leave him? Beaten for the second time in a row and in front of his hometown. Not good.

Can he beat Wand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Not happening that story is untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Really? Damm! A lot of sites seem to be posting it.

Are you saying it's not happening for sure or it just hasn't been confirmed yet?

Why would Bisping be given Wandy if he's just coming off the back of a decisive loss?
    I know Wandy has lost 5 of his last 6 but I think he's too good for Bisping experience wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Why would Bisping be given Wandy if he's just coming off the back of a decisive loss?
    I know Wandy has lost 5 of his last 6 but I think he's too good for Bisping experience wise.

Fight makes sense to me, It's on in manchester so Bisbing will be a big draw and both their styles will make for a good fight
    Why not, i'd like to see it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Read about this last week. Wandys camp says they have heard nothing about this potential fight and that he doesnt want to fight until Feb of next year at the earliest. It would be an awesome fight, though Bisping would probably get KTFO again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Don't think Wand would make the weight struggled to get to 195 against Franklin. I have a feeling Bisping will be given a middle tier opponent like:
    Winner of Grove vs Almeida at UFC 101
    Alan Belcher
    Denis Kang (I don't think Kang can fight in US due to VISA issues and hasn't fought since 97)
    Think they will try and hype Hardy up more at this event maybe against Dong Hyun Kim or Fitch.
    I'd say Vegas the following week Brock vs Fedor I hope. Watch this space :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Odats wrote: »
    Don't think Wand would make the weight struggled to get to 195 against Franklin. I have a feeling Bisping will be given a middle tier opponent like:
    Winner of Grove vs Almeida at UFC 101
    Alan Belcher
    Denis Kang (I don't think Kang can fight in US due to VISA issues and hasn't fought since 97)
    Think they will try and hype Hardy up more at this event maybe against Dong Hyun Kim or Fitch.
    I'd say Vegas the following week Brock vs Fedor I hope. Watch this space :rolleyes:
    Has he recovered from the robbery??

Odats wrote: »
    Fitch was released because he wanted to keep his soul.

Belchers UFC99 fight was a disgrace, He dominated Akiyama for the whole fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Fitch was released because he wanted to keep his soul.

He was released for about a week and was brought back, He fought on the last card for feck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I thought the same, but have watched it a few times since and it got closer every time I watched it and would now give the fight to Akiyama.

Wandy would KO Bisping in the first round. I hope this fight happens, Wandy could do with a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Akiyama most definately won that fight.
    He was crisper with his hands, and all Belcher did for 90% of the fight was push him and leg kick.

I called it 30-27 at the time, but having seen it a few times since, I'd give Belcher the first afterall.

Advertisement