Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I never knew about the First Trimester

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:20am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well I'm skedaddling out of the first trimester now and I thought I'd share some of the stuff that surprised me!

- You're told your hair will be thicker, what they don't tell you is that this also applies to your body hair, I resemble something akin to a ginger yeti.
    - That Morning Sickness can be somewhat akin to being constantly badly hungover
    - That you're disgusted by people and don't want them anywhere near you.
    - Round Ligament Pain, completely takes the joy out of a good sneeze, yeow
    - Vivid dreams a curse but also a blessing. A lot of dreams are upsetting, on the other hand others are very sexual and can actually give you orgasms in your sleep
    - Your boobs get sore and bigger nearly straight away, I always thought of this as a 3rd Trimester thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

your so funny!

To add to your list:
    • Your so tired all the time, I had to have a nap after work and still by 10pm I'd be back in bed
    • Morning sickness can actually be all day sickness with no cure
    • Your boobs get so sore that you thank god bras were invented :)
    • Shopping becomes a nightmare, I couldn't go into tescos without wanting to puke at the site of raw meat
    • You go off food you used to love
    • Even thinking about cetain food can make you wanna puke

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! That's priceless Das Kitty I did not read about anywhere or hear anybody else mention your second last point there re orgasms in your sleep (ha ha, laughing at desk thinking about it!!) I defo was getting them and it was so strange, not something you'd bring up in chit chat with other people!! I just put it down to not getting as much as I normally did because of Janbaby's point no 1... SO SO TIRED all of the time!! Poor OH :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I can so relate to all of the above!
    especially what you said about extra hair Das Kitty, I'm a fellow red head and starting to get horrible hair on my chin :o

As for the dreams mine are of two extremes, I'm either dreaming violent/scarey ones like that my oh is murdering people (he's lovely really!)/or that I'm driving real fast and the brakes don't work on my car, that or else very realistic naughty dreams :D;):D
    I love those, especially as I'm normally too knackered recently to do the bould thing!:rolleyes:

The bigger boobs aren't always good either, my work shirt was straining a bit and I the top button popped open recently while I was serving a customer. Mortifying! :o:o:o

Advertisement