Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The American Millionaire

Options
  • 29-07-2009 9:25am

Is this some sort of a sick joke ? This program is bloody ridiculous.

A so called millionaire living in the slums for a week lying to people and then at the end of the week, he's "emotional" :rolleyes: and admits he lied, and gives away a total of 100K to different charities he met.

100 K ? What an absolute joke. It's probably all from Sky anyway. Such a ridiculous show. He ends up meeting about 5 different groups and usually gives around 30K to a charity and then 10K personally to a person he lied to.

Millionaire my bloody ass.

Comments

To add to the above, it's a show of total selfishness.

This "millionaire" then at the end of the show tells how he feels so great to have helped people. It doesn't get much worse than this. Car Crash Tv at its best.

Oh and it's called "The Secret Millionaire" sorry !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so basically what seems to happen is that quite a few poor people come away from the experience with several thousand dollars more than they had and as well as that some charities get a bonus windfall.

what a bastard.

so basically what seems to happen is that quite a few poor people come away from the experience with several thousand dollars more than they had and as well as that some charities get a bonus windfall.

what a bastard.

It's not just that, it's the whole cheesy line at the end:
    There is something I've been hiding from you, I lied to you. I'm not who I say I am. I'm a multi millionaire, here is 10,000 dollars
    and he does it five or six different groups.

It's a total joke, he can give a bit more than that. Then he cries and gets upset and says
    This is the best thing that's ever happened to me, giving to these people is great

SNORE

EDIT: And the whole thing is set up in such a way that he is getting people to admit on camera (which is not hidden, it follows him around everywhere) what happened to them, how they got abused/homeless/an addict etc etc, and taking advantage of these people on camera and then gives them 10,000 dollars. Absolute joke.

The "homeless" millionaire was in a Dolce & Gabbana hoody (over here in New Zealand) and looked pretty ripped, I don't know too many homeless people who look like that, do you ???

Advertisement