Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valcata - female-fronted power metal from Dublin

Options
  • 29-07-2009 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

2160099d5916ecem3.jpg

Hey,

I'm the keyboardist from Valcata. We're a six-piece metal band that have just found a new singer and hope to record a new demo soon, on top of one we did in January which had six songs on it.

If you're into anything from Nightwish to Metallica, please do check us out as we are looking to get more exposure now that we're actively gigging again. We've had nothing but positive reactions from anyone that's seen us live or listened to our demo.

I'd classify us as a power-metal band primarily but we have tons of influences in the symphonic, progressive, death, melodic, thrash areas etc. and pop/rock influences outside of metal. A list of our main influences off the top of my head:

Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Metallica, Slipknot, Evanescence, Within Temptation, After Forever, Dream Theater, Epica, Iron Maiden, Michael Jackson, Thin Lizzy, Lamb of God, Queen, Dragonforce, Dave Matthews Band, Megadeth, Symphony X, Dream Evil, Amon Amarth, Dio, Arch Enemy, Stratovarius, Imperanon.

Have a listen to the MySpace and feel free to add us or spread the word,

myspace.com/valcata
    bebo.com/valcata
    unsigned.com/valcata

Cheers, I hope you like what you hear!

Rob
    valcataband@gmail.com

Advertisement