Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to make new friends

Options
  • 29-07-2009 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I just realised I was putting too much time into my work and my life was drifting by. I've found myself saying good bye to more and more friends as they are moving away getting on with their lives. Now, at the age of 26, I realise I dont have many close friends left. The thing is how do you make new friends...where do i go to find them? Its a lot harder when you dont have the college life to fall back on. Any suggestions
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

pubs etc,

internet isn't the greatest place to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Pubs or join a sports team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Pubs or join a sports team?

sucks but unless you join a cult the only place to make friends besides through work or sports is the national passtime of the local pubs. but that always seems weird. its like that new movie "i love you man" where this guuy getting married realises he has no guy friends so he goes out trying to pick up guy friends and go on man dates:D so cheesy and chringy but you could get tips there:D this is actually turning into bad advice.......:( and it started so well. ah well hopefully youll be able to take the good from this post... whichever part it is......... but seriously if you do the pub thing and join the pub soccer team or rugby team or something. get yourself a good ol local:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

if you dont have a girlfriend then try and look for one, you'd be suprised in the amount of new friends you'll meet through her

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

cool thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

There's a group on meetup.com - "new and not so new in Limerick" - who occasionally meet up, it's one way of meeting some new people. They're a friendly bunch of different ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Blueskye wrote: »
    There's a group on meetup.com - "new and not so new in Limerick" - who occasionally meet up, it's one way of meeting some new people. They're a friendly bunch of different ages.

Oh Really??? thanks mate appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    if you dont have a girlfriend then try and look for one, you'd be suprised in the amount of new friends you'll meet through her

I dont know if I would agree with that...I think the opposite advice would go to a person who asks 'I need to find a girlfriend'. Shur he wont need any mates if he has a girlfriend :rolleyes:

Advertisement