Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sagrantino Di Montefalco

Options
  • 29-07-2009 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Well wine lovin fans,,,

have always luuuved this stuff -deep, dark sensuous, and dry superb as a high quality dinner wine, ages for years! and a real rival to many better known top notchers from Italy....if ya havent tried it your missing out....Dunne and Crezcenzi outlets have it,,,but veryy few others have it...its rare and damm goood

i buy it off a great italian online shop and its half the price ya pay here...obviously! :)

hope some of yas get it and enjoy ;)

ciao' amigos...Baggio....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I love the wine list in Dunne & Crescenzi!

I used to go to the one in Dundrum a lot as I lived close by. I would often wonder what kind of chaos would result were those shelves of wine to collapse and all the bottles fall onto the customers below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Not sure Redi!

but I'd be first in with a big bucket hahah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

Agreed, the one's that I have tried are phenomenal. I've yet to come across another grape that gives a wine with such incredible depth. Rocca di Fabbri are a good producer, and Arnaldo Caprai are the region leader. I don't think either are available in Ireland yet - the pricing is pretty high. A cheaper option that's also made with the Sagrantino grape is 'Montefalco Rosso', you'll find that most producers also produce under this label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

R0nanf..

actually Caprai's one IS available in Dunns+Crezcenzi, and Rocca Di Fabri used to be...i found their website tho - on the net two nights ago and seems they sell stuff themselves shipped to here so there ya go :)

Advertisement