Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design opinions

Options
  • 28-07-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Me and a couple of mates are working on a site, www.hospitalpages.ie, and need some help deciding on the header. We have two rough options, there is a poll here, appreciate it if you'd vote.

Most of the functionality is there just need to spruce it up a bit.

Any other comments/advice welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

#2 by far.... but being honest, you should spend a bit longer on another one. You want your logo/banner to stand out. I can't really talk with my website but you get the idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

Don't like either of them tbh.

Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

notnem wrote: »
    Don't like either of them tbh. Why not look at stock photos for your logo design. You could buy this image for $1. There are loads of options on that site that could really lift the design of your site.

And you could also get sued for using a stock image as your logo ..

I take it you have read the usual T&C attached to stock imagery / photography ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

I'd say back to the drawing board with those banners. They're about what you'd expect to see on a website from 1998!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

5 min job.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

tammy wrote: »
    Most of the functionality is there just need to spruce it up a bit.
    If this is a commercial site then you really need a designer. It needs more than a 'spruce up'. It may 'technically' work, but it's very slow, and very bad at communicating what it does. Overall, it's not a great experience and could be considerably improved upon by working with a designer or usability person.

If it's not a commercial project, then it's grand, but you should work on the speed and responsiveness of it, and you should buy a 'hospital/health' template from some template site and you'll be able to 'skin' it nicely at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

back to the drawing board it is so, ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 StuartC

not loading for me...:confused:

Advertisement