Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4 Intro Music

Options
  • 28-07-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen TG4 in a while but I remember a few years ago anyway as the channel was coming on air each day they played this cool instrumental music with some video of scenery in Ireland.

Anyone know what that tune is? I've been googling but am unable to find it so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I take it this is what you're talking about (this is the original TnaG intro but a slightly edited version of this was used for a while after they rebranded to TG4):

Can't help you on the name of the tune itself, I'm afraid, but it has a Stockton's Wing or Moving Hearts sort of sound to it or something, doesn't it? I suspect it might be a piece that was commissioned specially by TnaG for their intro sequence and isn't commercially available but I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than I am will come on here with more details!

Have you tried e-mailing TG4 themselves and finding out more information?

*edit* A quick bit of searching seems to turn up the name of Oisin Lunny mentioned on the TG4 Wikipedia page as being the composer of this particular piece of music. I wonder if he's any relation to Donal Lunny? Would certainly go some way to explaining the sound behind that tune, if that's the case! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Nice one, that's the tune alright. I was looking on YouTube but was having trouble finding it. I might fire off an email to TG4 to see what the story is with the tune.

Cheers

Advertisement