Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Hotel Management anyone?

Options
  • 28-07-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Was just wondering if anyone has International Hotel Management in Shannon College as no.1 on their CAO or am I on my own here? :confused:

Fingers crossed I get offered a place! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

One of my best friends is doing it, she started last year though.
    She's currently offf on her placement in France for the year (and how I miss her :() , gettting paid about €2 an hour to do extremely menial tasks like sorting cutlery.

Shannon seems like the oddest place ever. The college is part of the airport, you have to wear a uniform, you get sent home if you haven't showered/ shaved/ ironed your uniform that day and so on. Wouldn't be able to hack it myself!

Saying that, it's apparently a very good course (if you have discipline), so best of luck to you!
    (BTW, do you not already know more or less if you have a place based on the interview? I remember my friend knew well before the LC that she'd got in.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

My uncle did that course and hes worked in hotels all over the world from boston to berlin. And now hes in some 5 star hotel in kilkenny. Shannon college is supposed to be very prestigous. My uncle is always going on about how he loves his job so good luck with it. Dont know anyone going for it though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm a graduate of Shannon and I can assure you that the experiences alone puts it ahead of most other courses.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

My friend is hoping to do that course, but I don't think she really read into it and just put it down with loads of hotel management type courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Cheers for all the replies folks, looks like I'm the only one doing international hotel management at shannon! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

two guys i know did it one of them is in barcelona(i think) now and the other not sure maby austria.

Advertisement