Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrolling tabs?

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

What library/method do people use to make scrolling tabs such as on this page - http://modxcms.com/

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

view ... source maybe ?

jquery is used in there anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

jQuery is used alright but i dont think its just jQuery that's behind it, it seems something else is being used along with it. This effect is on alot of websites these days, i presumed at this stage there was a simple standardized way of doing it but i can't seem to find anything with google.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You mean the feedback tab? I'd say tab is fixed with CSS, and the pop-up window uses a version of lightbox that allows a div or iframe to be embedded in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

nah, im talking about the "what is modx" part.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Oh right - probably best thing to do is just view the source and search for .js to see what javascript files they've included, and have a look at them.

It's a nice effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

eoin wrote: »
    It's a nice effect.
    Indeed, it's very well done. More ideas for future sites :pac:

Advertisement