Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which CMS? Suggestions please...

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:29pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be designing a site for something I'm involved in soon. Before i do I want to make sure I use the right platform. The website is for a regular club night. I'll want a few static pages etc but then it will primarily want to show the details of the upcoming events etc, maybe in blog format.

I also want to be able to upload photos from the weekly events easily - and display them in a gallery, i'd like if it could do this automatically for me.

I've used Wordpress a fair bit - I really like it, its an amazing blog but its a little restrictive in terms of an actual CMS and not just a blog. But then again maybe I'm just not experienced enough to get more out of it.

I have used Joomla before but it might be overkill for this.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That www.concrete5.org is very straightforward to use if you want something basic. I think you have to pay for additional modules but I think the basic set might cover you. Adding content is a bit ass backwards, but other than that it's ok as long as your not to demanding.

Advertisement