Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B in Cavan town

Options
  • 28-07-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Anyone ever stayed in the Bridge restaurant B&B in Cavan town? Going to a wedding on friday and had booked into another B&B but got a call this afternoon to say that they had to move us to the Bridge...cant see any info on net about it at all!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

If its the place I'm thinking of its just over the road (other side of the roundabout) from the bus station. I've had food in there a few times and its a nice quiet place with good food. For the amount of time you'll spend there I'd say it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Yes, I was told that it was just accross from the bus station.
    Thanks

Well it has a blue front with "The Bridge Bar & Restaurant" written on the front of it. Parking near it could be a problem though unless it has a car park around the back you will have to park on the street which can be hazardous to your wing mirrors the road is a bottleneck there with 3 lanes of traffic and parking! Did you price the radisson? I'd say it is very cheap to stay in at the moment and its only a 5 minute drive outside cavan town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

The bridge has a residents parking to the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭celt262

Farls wrote: »
    Well it has a blue front with "The Bridge Bar & Restaurant" written on the front of it. Parking near it could be a problem though unless it has a car park around the back you will have to park on the street which can be hazardous to your wing mirrors the road is a bottleneck there with 3 lanes of traffic and parking! Did you price the radisson? I'd say it is very cheap to stay in at the moment and its only a 5 minute drive outside cavan town.

€180 or €190 for a room in the Radisson a few weeks back and that was a wedding rate.

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    €180 or €190 for a room in the Radisson a few weeks back and that was a wedding rate.

That sounds a bit extortionate I heard of people staying there for a hell of a lot less not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nia121

The bridge is fine,i've never heard and bad reviews from it!
    just recommended it to friends who are coming to stay also, its cheap and clean and tidy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭celt262

Farls wrote: »
    That sounds a bit extortionate I heard of people staying there for a hell of a lot less not so long ago.

Maybe they were just sticking there arm in because it was a wedding. They wouldnt even bargain and drop the price to €150.

celt262 wrote: »
    Maybe they were just sticking there arm in because it was a wedding. They wouldnt even bargain and drop the price to €150.

I was talking to another couple that stayed there last weekend, these were attending a wedding. The cocktail sausages they served in the evening time had to all be sent back as they were gone off!!!

You could of been better off in pocket and health with the bridge!

Advertisement