Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer bench

Options
  • 28-07-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I need to equip 3 classrooms in a primary school with a long bench/worktop for 5 pcs in each classroom. It can't be too wide as space is at a premium - flatscreens help this and the PC will be underneath hopefully. I also need different heights as they will need to cater for Junior Infants to 2nd Class.

The basic spec I need is worktops that will take 5 screens, no more than 2 feet deep. If one can be got with sliding trays for keyboard and mouse then even 1foot deep would be enough.

Does anyone know any suppliers of anything like this?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The computer room that boards built eh macro? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Something like that :D

I'm just searching for a supplier really. I can get standard computer desks but they'll take up too much space in small rooms. If all else fails I can just buy the wood and bang them together myself but it would be a lot easier (and probably safer :D) to buy in custom-designed ones.

[edit]It's not a computer room - it's the actual classrooms - there's 5 pcs for each classroom. If it was a dedicated computer room standard desks would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You could get them custom made, doesn't sound too complicated. Might be cheaper too.

Advertisement