Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web payments - can info be passed back from payment processor

Options
  • 28-07-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

I've read WebPayments.ie and another thread on the topic, but they don't cover my query.

I am creating a form that will accept a small fixed payment (1 or 2 euro - a token payment to avoid abuse of the form). When a payment is made I want to email the contents of the form to the site owner.
    I am trying to establish what payment processors can pass on the form data to me after a successful payment.

PayPal's Website Payments Standard only seems to return some pre-defined info so it is not ideal. I know I can store the form data in a db, flag as unpaid, and change this to paid when IPN notification arrives.

IIRC, from my very limited RealEx experience, it can send the entire form contents back to you, though the original form seems to have to be hosted on their site, which impacts testing and making changes to the page.

My backup plan is to use PayPal and IPN, though I'd love to keep it simple and not to have a db.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

daymobrew wrote:
    IIRC, from my very limited RealEx experience, it can send the entire form contents back to you, though the original form seems to have to be hosted on their site, which impacts testing and making changes to the page.

Realex will send back the form values that you send them, if you use their redirect method.

They will supply test credit card numbers so you can test away as much as you want before you go live. You don't need to have the form fields on their remote form. I presume they loop through the request.form collection and just add that to the POST when it goes back to your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

daymobrew wrote: »
    IIRC, from my very limited RealEx experience, it can send the entire form contents back to you

There are two ways that you can integrate to Realex -
    • Redirect
    • Remote

The Redirect is a hosted payments page solution where the payment page is hosted on the Realex server but you can provide them with a template to brand it to match the look and feel of your site.

The Remote option means you collect the card details on your server and send them to Realex via XML.
    daymobrew wrote: »
    though the original form seems to have to be hosted on their site, which impacts testing and making changes to the page.

I have worked with both integration options and the fact that the page is hosted on their site does not impact testing. The only changes that you would be making the page that is hosted by Realex would be cosmetic. They allow you to brand the hosted payment page to match the look of your site. The changes for testing the payments would be on your side. As the earlier poster said Realex can set you up with a test account which makes the processs easier.

Both of these options from Realex will allow you to have them send you information in the response, either to the response URL for redirect or in the response XML for remote.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

podgeen wrote: »
    The Redirect is a hosted payments page solution where the payment page is hosted on the Realex server but you can provide them with a template to brand it to match the look and feel of your site.
    This sounds good. I'll see if the monthly fee is okay with the client.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

You may have already considered this but I thought I'd point it out just incase not. Does your client have an Internet Merchant Account? They will need one to use Realex. There will be a setup fee and a minimum monthly fee associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

podgeen wrote: »
    You may have already considered this but I thought I'd point it out just incase not. Does your client have an Internet Merchant Account? They will need one to use Realex. There will be a setup fee and a minimum monthly fee associated with it.
    I forgot about that part. He might have one as part of his current business. This is for a community, non-profit site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement