Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Courses!

Options
  • 28-07-2009 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I've pretty-much given up on making a proper decision as to which college/course I want to attend.... so I just stuck random ones from about 12 categories on the CAO and hope my points can choose for me.

Anyone else as lost as I am?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

That certainly is random lol! What did you put first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

nicola09 wrote: »
    That certainly is random lol! What did you put first?

Business with Japanese.

No idea why. I like reading Japanese comics so I thought, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

hare05 wrote: »
    Business with Japanese.

No idea why. I like reading Japanese comics so I thought, why not?

hahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ha.

End of laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Isnt japanese a hard langauge to learn. I know you can do it for the lc and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

hare05 wrote: »
    I've pretty-much given up on making a proper decision as to which college/course I want to attend.... so I just stuck random ones from about 12 categories on the CAO and hope my points can choose for me.

Anyone else as lost as I am?

I wouldn't have recommended this sort of option to anyone but it's 50-50. You'll either love the course you may get or you'll hate it.

Business with Japanese though is an interesting one though and I assume you've studied Japanese as part of your LC. If not I'd recommend you get out a 'Japanese for Dummies' book and study some basics or you may struggle.

For my CAO I chose the course I wanted to do but further down in the list I chose random courses to fill it up. I know exactly what I want to do but when I was in school I remember the guidance counsellor telling me to fill it up so I obliged but not before picking my intended course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 notnormal

was that really clever? not sure filling up the CAO just to have something down is the brightest...

All my CAO choices have a common theme running through them, but I guess I've known what I want to do since the end of first year more or less

hope you like the course you get, if not, get out before Christmas because then you'll only have to pay a half year of fees when you change instead of the full year.

If you aren't sure when offers come out, defer your place and work/do a PLC for the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

That_Guy wrote: »
    I wouldn't have recommended this sort of option to anyone but it's 50-50. You'll either love the course you may get or you'll hate it.

^
    Not true if you truely did it at random theres a good chance youll hate 100% of you courses:p

......................Well Good look with that:D

Advertisement