Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What good PHP/MySQL courses are there in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

You might be better off looking at online courses to pick it up yourself.

w3schools is a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

MOH wrote: »
    You might be better off looking at online courses to pick it up yourself.

w3schools is a good start

+1

I wouldn't advise doing a course on basic PHP and MySQL..

If you can program already then you will pick up basic PHP real easy. MySQL is simple also.. its really easy to get a grip on MySQL with a few tutorials.

Getting PHP and MySQL to talk to each other should only take an hour or two of trial and error once you are familiar with both.

This all depends on your current fluency with computers and programming etc..

My 2c: save your money for when you are past the basics then try and find a course that concentrates on Object Oriented PHP and Frameworks etc..

I would say that the IBaT would be the pick of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Ginkgo

I think it would be better to buy a book rather than spending time and money on a course. Perhaps something like:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PHP-MySQL-Dynamic-Web-Sites/dp/032152599X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248884113&sr=8-1

You could complement this with online learning. Once you have the basics just think of a simple project to showcase your skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You can't really be taught programming, in the end of the day you will learn mostly from your own messing around. Waste of money imo.

Like above, get yourself a good book and dig into it. The courses above look very basic and a waste of money.

Advertisement