Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniskerry to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 28-07-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is travelling from Enniskerry, Co Wicklow (actually a few km to the west) to Dublin Airport in the next few weeks for a Saturday evening flight (needs to be there about 10pm).

There are various options:

1. Taxi to Enniskerry (4km), Dublin Bus to Central Dublin, Dublin Bus to Airport
    2. Taxi to Kilmacanogue (13km), Bus Eireann to airport (133 I think)
    3. Taxi to airport

Has anyone got an idea how much the taxis would cost? Also, are there any better options?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭WicklowRacer

Richard wrote: »
    A friend of mine is travelling from Enniskerry, Co Wicklow (actually a few km to the west) to Dublin Airport in the next few weeks for a Saturday evening flight (needs to be there about 10pm).

There are various options:

1. Taxi to Enniskerry (4km), Dublin Bus to Central Dublin, Dublin Bus to Airport
    2. Taxi to Kilmacanogue (13km), Bus Eireann to airport (133 I think)
    3. Taxi to airport

Has anyone got an idea how much the taxis would cost? Also, are there any better options?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Taxi is about 80 yoyo around the M50. Aircoach goes from Jackie Skellys gym in Charlesland (Greystones).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

185 to bray and the Bray airport bus from there. (It's similar to the notorius Patton Flyer)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Firstly, Enniskerry to Kilmac is only about 5km, nowhere near 13km!

The Aircoach from Greystones also stops in Bray, on Castle St. at the bus stop by the entrance to the Superquinn car park which is probably closer than going to any of the stops in Greystones.

The Aircoach service from Greystones is much more frequent, every 30 mins now, so much easier to find a suitable bus than for the 133.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

185 to bray and the Bray airport bus from there. (It's similar to the notorius Patton Flyer)
    Does that still run? I thought they'd effectively been put out of business by Aircoach?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Thanks for all the replies. I'll pass them on, although the Airporter from Bray seems the best bet to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement