Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 5 spectrum games

Options
  • 28-07-2009 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

So whats everyones top 5 favourite games for the speccy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I could have given you a list if all the Speccy stuff I got on ebay came with a damn rgb cable :(. Four computers, five PSUs and no bloody way of connecting any of it to a tv!
    Currently waiting for one from ebay now.

So instead, from the memories of when I was a young lad-

Target Renegade
    Barbarian
    Punchy
    Combat School
    Batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Laser Squad.

Rebelstar (1 and 2)

International Matchday.

International Cricket. Only given away with Your Sinclair Magazine and absolutely brilliant.

Head Over Heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

Is this the spectrum 48K? if so then:

Panama Joe
    Manic Minor
    Daley Thompson
    Hyper sports
    The Hobbit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Sabrewulf
    Knightlore
    Jet Set Willy (POKE!)
    Lords of Midnight
    Turbo Esprit

Ah, memories

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Anybody remember Barry McGuigan Boxing? Ace game.

Target: Renegade
    Barry McGuidan
    Jack the Nipper 2: Coconut Capers
    Enduro Racer
    Turbo Esprit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I was a C64 kid myself. My mate had a speccy and didn't think much of the monochrome colours at the time. I do recall the various "Ultimate Play The Game" games on it were quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

master mariner

commando

and an indiana jones rip off which i can't remember the name of for the life of me

there's three anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TLL
    Trashman
    StarStrike 3D
    Dynamite Dan
    Starquake

Only the one's I can remember right now, there were loads!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Hmmm... In no particular order and chosen because of the fond memories as I know there are better versions of one or two of them on other systems :)

Booty
    Project Future
    Chucky Egg
    School Daze
    Monty On The Run

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

what about that "bruce lee" one where you'd to go about collecting lanterins.

Oh and IK+ : 3way kung fu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

RuggieBear wrote: »
    master mariner

commando

and an indiana jones rip off which i can't remember the name of for the life of me

there's three anyway
    Rick Dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

pinksoir wrote: »
    Rick Dangerous?

bingo:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The best Bruce Lee game was on the C64, the speccy one wasn't as good.
    Quite a few games made the transition over, Uridium, Wizball for example, and while they were great to see on the speccy, they always lacked something in the translation and there were always graphical compromises made.
    That said, Utimate Play The Game never made a good game on the C64, whilst they produced plenty of award winners on the speccy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I thought there was a thread on this very recently enough, if so I hope I've picked the same games again.

Target Renegade
    Barbarian
    Gauntlet
    Yi Ar Kung Fu
    Konami Golf

o1s1n what spectrums have you got, I've still yet to win one, a number of +3 sold recently but many wont deliver here, and i dont know if its easy or not to get the games onto the floppy drive, I'd love to know how fast a game loads on a spectrum using a disk drive.

Master of the Universe

After looking up the different models, I have -

original ZX Spectrum with rubber keys
    ZX Spectrum+
    ZX Spectrum +2 (x2)
    One I can't identify.

Have tried both the +2s and the red power light comes on. Have yet to get anything on the screen though. One of the tape decks doesn't turn. (Can hear a motor/power getting to it though)

I tried my Neogeo rgb cable but it didn't work. Have a spectrum rgb cable sitting in the folks that I'm going to pick up today. Fingers crossed at least one of the ZX Spectrum +2s will work as I have an arse load of games waiting to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Is it just me, or is trying to tune in a Spectrum on any modern TV agreat big pain in the hoop ?

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

o1s1n wrote: »

Thanks! That's brilliant ... gotta get one of those. They claim to have ZX81 leads as well. Noice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Trashman
    Manic Miner
    Jet Set Willy
    Tresure Island Dizzy
    Ant Attack

http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/spectrum/spectrum_storage.html

Seem to be sold out, but isn't it awesome!
    Imagine your entire Speccy games collection backed up to an SD card and playable in the blink of an eye, very cool indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭biblio

Typhoon
    Paperboy
    Outrun
    Terminator
    Commando

No way man, I have played them both and Commando on the C64 is far better than the Speccy edition, I love my speccy too but sometimes the bad guys win...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Chucky Egg
    Chase HQ
    Dizzy games
    Power Drift
    Red Heat

wow. I miss my speccy :(

Advertisement