Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping Suggestions in Tramore

Options
  • 28-07-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm thinking of heading to Tramore over the weekend and was wondering does anyone have any suggestions of where to camp?

I've found one site near the town centre called Fitzmaurice Caravan & Camping Park but it's €28 per night per tent. I would normally only pay €16-18 per night in the west. €28 is way too much for a 1 man tent.

If anyone knows a campsite close to the town that takes tents I'd appreciate the info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/caravan-parks/camping.php?id=103

Stayed here over the last bank holiday weekend and can happily recommend it. Clean & efficent, close to town yet far enough away so remains quiet.
    Don't know 'bout pricing for a tent as I was in a small motorhome but thought it very reasonable.
    The other parks closer to town were much busier, noiser and seemed to have a fair number of scangers mooching about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ecooney

Cecil Mor wrote: »
    http://www.camping-ireland.ie/caravan-parks/camping.php?id=103

Stayed here over the last bank holiday weekend and can happily recommend it. Clean & efficent, close to town yet far enough away so remains quiet.
    Don't know 'bout pricing for a tent as I was in a small motorhome but thought it very reasonable.
    The other parks closer to town were much busier, noiser and seemed to have a fair number of scangers mooching about them.

Thanks,
    I rang them and they are fully booked for the weekend. Said that they may be able to accomodate on a first come first served basis. Just have to see I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

If you knew your way around tramore you could actually park across from the beach next to the public car park for free there is always people doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lea26

Hi ,

Just came across your post, why dont you try beach haven hostel, think its less that 20 per nite...... mightnt be a bad idea if this rain keeps up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ecooney

lea26 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Just came across your post, why dont you try beach haven hostel, think its less that 20 per nite...... mightnt be a bad idea if this rain keeps up! :D

Thanks but we always camp on surf trips - means you can move if the waves are no good. Rain doesn't really bother us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Camp in the salines or on the back strand, you could even pitch on the beach but wud need to be up early.

Advertisement