Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue 28/7 21:15 WES1 Boardeaux vs Glenwood Rovers**

Options
  • 28-07-2009 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I've waited until this morning on purpose.

No word on this, so assume it's going ahead.

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Holidays
    Martin -
    Ed - Injured
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Yes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm totally shattered tbh so really hoping this isn't on. Will be there if it is though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'm totally shattered tbh so really hoping this isn't on. Will be there if it is though!

It was Glenwood that GOT the walkover last week.

not the other way round as I'd suspected.

Game will be on.

I effing hate the late kick offs

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ill be there to watch. hope they turn up, if we cant beat a team that has been struggling for numbers over the past few weeks, we dont deserve to be up near the top.

i have a feeling they will turn up so if they do, we need to go full leather for the entire 60 minutes. unless we win 10-0 tonight and 10-0 in the last game, we are never going to catch them that way. Ketamine however, is something to aim for.

may not be an issue, as theres alot of possibilities left yet, but if we both picked up 7 points in the last 3 games, we would finish level with them, there goal difference is plus 5 better than us, so we have something to aim for.

We need Ravenhill to take a point off Roys Rovers, beating them would be superb.
    Ketamine will win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Lets focus on scoring one goal at a time Ed. I think our poor start last week was due to us going onto the pitch thinking about how many we'd score and not on having to work hard to win the game and then push on...

emc2 wrote: »
    Lets focus on scoring one goal at a time Ed. I think our poor start last week was due to us going onto the pitch thinking about how many we'd score and not on having to work hard to win the game and then push on...

well mikie you can only score one goal at a time!my point, not that it needs to be said, is every goal is vital at this stage considering we are 3rd on goal difference. while goal difference can make players panic, it should also drive players on that the game is not over and we need to be as efficient as possible.

• Advertisement

We won't catch them on GD.

To talk about it is foolish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - No
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Holidays
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Injured
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Yes

Des wrote: »
    We won't catch them on GD.

To talk about it is foolish.

roys no, ketamine yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - No
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Holidays
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Injured
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - Yes

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - No
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Holidays
    Martin - Injured
    Ed - Injured
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo - 50/50
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - Yes
    Art - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

emc2 wrote: »

Agreed. Any time we start a game talking about goal difference or beating a team well, we have a bad start and struggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Not feeling the may west at the moment, probably brought on by lack of exercise!

Will let you know if it's any better. Late kick off might help.

Not gonna make it guys. After 5 and a half weeks doing this job I'm just destroyed tired. I'd be no use on the pitch tonight. Don't want to let you all down but I think I'd be doing that if I turned up with my gear. Good luck tonight

4-0. best i have seen us play in the games i have been to this season.

goals from Art, Ciaran, Dave and Mick.

only disappointment is that we could and should have knocked in 3 or 4 more.

overall, great foootball played and maybe we are hitting form at the right time with 2 massive games left.

Great performance, and our 7th clean sheet of the season, so well done Clay and the defence again.

We dominated them all game, and they never got a sniff.

Perhaps a bit too intricate up top at times, but this is down to results at this stage, GD won't matter.

Well done lads.

Des wrote: »
    Great performance, and our 7th clean sheet of the season, so well done Clay and the defence again.

We dominated them all game, and they never got a sniff.

ya, thought we defended with confidence which was lacking for a while. also, kudos to Collie who had a super game and looked to be back to his best, i think this helped the defence as not only did he provide cover, but an outlet for the back 5. Ciaran was also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Good performance last night. After all the talk of scoring lots of goals we had the chances where we could have scored 10 goals. I think Clay had 2 saves to make in the whole match. Great to see a good performance in the build up to two tough games in the next two weeks.

Great result!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, well played lads. That 4-0 is Glenwood's biggest loss of the season apart from the time when they only had 7, then 8 men out against Roys and they lost that one 9-0 which gives a misleading impression. They had a few new players last night and are a very well organised team.

The first difference was that we dealt better with the high balls better than we have done for a long time. Cathal and Dan were both on fire, Cathal won everything in the air and the amount of times Dan read what they were about to do and stepped in and won clean possession was unreal.

The second difference was that we really started to click going forward in a way we've been close to doing for a while and our defence pushed up towards the halfway and we built a lot of good moves from there. Collie was excellent as was Ciaran both up front and in the hole - we're finding each other with good passes quite often now. Midfielders, particularly Dave, have started giving me that ball to feet with back to goal with a defender behind that I like and there were at least 5 chances that came from the lay off - simple stuff and very effective.

Our wingers got really into the game moreso than recently and add in Mick bombing forward from right full and yeh we should've scored a few more. The ball really does zip along the astro on wet nights like that and on a dry night our touch would've been better at some key times and I think we would've hit them for 7.

All in all a good trend leading into what will be a simply massive game next week against an equally mean defence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well done lads, we're set up for a massive game on Tuesday

• Advertisement
Advertisement