Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress for Moses Basket

Options
  • 28-07-2009 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey All,
    I'm due in 8 weeks just got a lovely Moses basket form sister in law but need to get new mattress. Can't seem to find one anywhere all the shops seem to just sell cot mattresses?
    Any help greatly appreciated thank you!icon7.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm looking for the same. I saw ones in Mothercare and Argos.

We have a beautiful family moses basket made of wicker that's over 60 years old. I'm actually wondering how I should clean it...

It has been used a lot but not in 12 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest steam cleaning it.

I have a steam cleaner as well. Thanks Thaed

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hi Gals...
    I had this problem too a couple of weeks ago for a moses basket and a dremi carri cot that were kindly passed on by friends... I was worried about offending the friends by asking where I could get new mattresses (its in anything you read that irrespective of knowledge of previous use, you should replace ALL mattresses, this kinda freaked me out to be honest, but why wouldn't you take such stern advice?!) anyway, I got mine on kiddicare.com great value and quick delivery here even though they're in the UK. We also ordered our buggie here (yet to be delivered) and made a fair bit of a saving.

• Advertisement

What are the delivery rates like Chuchu?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Oh crap... Can't remember off the top of my head I'm afraid.. but it must have been average if I don't remember it standing out... will root out receipt later when I get home, and will fill you in when the buggie arrives; the first order re mattress and some sheets etc was kind off a trial run to see how it would go before the in-laws placed the more expensive order for the buggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bumbleroot

Thanks Guys,
    Another question if I may. The basket I got is wicker & may be harbouring germs maybe I'm being an obsessive mum to be but I want everything to be spotless. Is it ok to spray the wicker with a disinfectant spray or a watered down dettol solution or something to freshen it up a little?:D
    Maybe I should have just bought a new moses basket myself but don't want to insulting any relatives by turning stuff down!!

Hey, see my link above and Thaed's advice

You should hoover it out first then clean it and if using any chemicals make sure to rinse it out fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jellab

This is a good website, friends of mine have ordered most of there baby stuff and they deliver to Ireland within a few days. I will be ordering myself.
    see attached for mattresses for Mosses Baskets.
    Best of luck
    http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay10A_55_10751_14729_-1__14053_14053_10001_14053

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sexless

Hi all
    I am too looking for a mattress for a moses basket,Iv shopped on loads of sites can get them no problem but not d size I want,Im looking for L 2ft 7 in by W 1ft 2 in.Its a foam mattress can foam be washed????
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Try heymama.ie,I've just bought cotbed mattress and travel cot mattress off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Just went and bought the moses basket yesterday and the mattress to go with it. Got it in Smyths for I think it was a tenner. Mattress obviously as they are sold seperatly lol. the website is www.toys.ie if that's any help to any of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Seconding Smyths for good value. Argos do them for a tenner too

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3764752/Trail/searchtext%3EMOSES+BASKET.htm

And if you wanted an irish option, Baby Elegance do a full range of mattresses from moses baskets, Cots travel cots etc (they can do custom sizes too) that are all made in ireland. I picked up a crib mattress there and it was cheaper than Mothercare/Mamas & Papas.

http://www.babyelegance.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gravid

I have also got an old moses basket and it is much bigger than most modern ones seem to be (it is also slightly asymmetrical). My plan is to buy a cheap foam mattress and cut it to size...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Baby Elegance in Dundrum Dublin make mattresses. We are inheiriting a VERY old and big moses basket and have the mattress ordered there for it. Apologies if I am repeating advice already given!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Also bought mattress for the moses basket and the cot in Baby Elegance in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Amazon.co.uk do moses basket mattresses. I bought one from them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Looking for a mattress for a moses basket I have a lend of. Currently has a baby elegance one 31*67 and would fit max 35*70 but I can only seem to find 30*66 would this be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Looking for a mattress for a moses basket I have a lend of. Currently has a baby elegance one 31*67 and would fit max 35*70 but I can only seem to find 30*66 would this be ok?

It is the width that is most important. The max it can be is 2cm smaller. To save a lot of hassle for yourself I would buy this for €24http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9103960/Trail/searchtext%3EMOSES.htm
    Or this for €25
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9144273/Trail/searchtext%3EMOSES.htm#tabrev
    My baby only lasted a few weeks in his Moses basket anyway !
    A new baby elegance mattress costs €15 anyway. They also make made to measure ones for €40. I would assume the stand would fit.

• Advertisement

Thanks Millem, thought there was something about max size differences.

Just found a custom website that will make it 70*34 so just went and ordered - came in at €23 plus parcel motel so not too bad -another job done!

babymattressesonline.co.uk

Thanks Millem, thought there was something about max size differences.

Just found a custom website that will make it 70*34 so just went and ordered - came in at €23 plus parcel motel so not too bad -another job done!

babymattressesonline.co.uk

I was going to suggest that site but I was afraid that mattress (in length)wouldn't fit in the locker!

Hopefully they'll roll in up/vacuum pack it!

Hopefully they'll roll in up/vacuum pack it!

Fingers crossed! I would ring/email them and make sure! The lockers are small

Yep I'll give a ring tomorrow to check, largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 X 38 X 64 cm but can collect from Dublin depot if too big according to the site-hopefully won't have to though!

Just to update in case anyone needs a custom one in the future, ordered Monday & got delivery to parcel motel on Friday (email them with order number & urgent in subject), it's packed in a plastic bag type envelope so it can be folded into the Parcel motel locker no problem! Seems really good quality. Cost €27 including PM delivery.

www.babymattressesonline.co.uk

Advertisement