Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHEAPEST place to get eyes tested for contact lenses??

Options
  • 27-07-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,
    i have never worn contact lenses before but am going to try them out. anyway where is the cheapest place in ireland to get an eye test for contacts?? i believe that my normal glasses prescription doesnt work for contacts??and that i have to get a different test which is just for contacts??
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Yep, ya need to be fitted with contact lenses.
    If your sight test isnt within 1 or 2yrs you will have to renew this aswell.
    The test involves the optician fitting lenses in your eyes, check vision, comfort etc
    You go off for say 1/2 hour, ya come back and opts sees how ya got in.
    If grand, arrange a teach for puttin them in and takin them out. If not try other lenses.
    Then, Arrange trials for lenses and an apt for a week or two weeks to return for a check up.
    In specsavers its 32€, this covers, seeing the optician, teach, trials, and coming back for any contact lense related check ups for a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sammydose

Contacts have to be fitted. Not all the eyes are the same size. Also contact a doctor's prescription is not the same as prescription glasses. There is also the question of whether this brand of lens is right for you. A fitter of contact lenses to see all the options, choose one that is right for you and give you shold trials also.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwabh

National Optometry center is great for contact lens checkup (its free) and sometimes you get 3months free contact lenses

Advertisement