Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viewing Sendmails current configuration

• 27-07-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭

Question: is there a command for sendmail which allows me to see the active configuration ( as you can in postfix) or from where it's getting the config files/macros currently loaded?

Background:
    I've got a linux sendmail box here running on appallingly cheap hardware, (256MB ram, celeron CPU, single IDE HDD, microATX form factor sold as a mail server).

Now, it's on its way to the bin but I've to keep it running in the meantime.

At irregular times, the fsecure antivirus or anti spam milter will eat up the memory and cause the load average to climb (due to HDD IO). It doesn't need to get too high before sendmail will reject incoming connections with the message
    rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average:8

I've tried to adjust this upwards by editing the sendmail.mc file, and changing to
    define('confREFUSE_LA','60')

to give more time between sendmail chokes but after restarting the service, it still continues to reject mail at a low threshold.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Never mind, I needed to use m4 to build the sendmail.mc script into the sendmail.cf file.

Advertisement