Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre recommendation

Options
  • 27-07-2009 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I need four new tyres (235/60 R 16) so I rang around a few local tyre centres and checked online to come up with this list:

Local:
    • Infinity -- €90.00
    • Kumho -- €95.00
    • Maxxis -- €105.00
    • Federal -- €105.00
    • Nankang -- €105.00
    • Goodyear Wrangler -- €125.00
    • BF Goodrich -- €125.00
    • Vredestein -- €130.00
    • Bridgestone -- €132.00
    • Goodyear NCT -- €160.00
    • Continental -- €170.00
    Online:
    • Federal -- €64.00
    • General -- €100.00
    • Goodyear Wrangler -- €116.00
    • Toyo Tranpath -- €120.00
    • Pirelli Scorpion -- €126.00
    • Yokohama -- €137.00
    I don't want to skimp on performance or safety but equally I don't want to spend any more than I need to, and for the sake of convenience I would prefer to buy them locally rather than online. What would you recommend from the list above?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Tell you what thoses BF Goodrich are the best kept secret ever. Bloody good tyre. Federals should be illegal. If the sky turns gray you'll have an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Seems a strange tyre size to me - Van by any chance?

I'd be tempted by the Kumho's, never really hear anything bad about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 The Nightfly

R.O.R wrote: »
    Seems a strange tyre size to me - Van by any chance?

It's a Kia Sportage. So yes, a van in some respects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I put 2 new Vredestein Sportrac 3's on my 06 Passat last Friday and am very impressed so far. Great grip - especially in the wet weather over the last few days, and less noisy than the cheaper set I had beforehand. :)

Incidentially, I got them for €85 each fitted and balanced (215 55 R16s though) from a place just outside Ashbourne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

got 2 infinity's for my 05 focus a few months back. 90 euro for both. cant complain about em a little noisy on the motorway but handle well.......next cheapest was thehankook at 130 for the pair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 The Nightfly

Thanks all, went for the Vredesteins in the end.

Advertisement