Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trial a new broadband service (Mainly for gamers)

Options
  • 27-07-2009 12:27pm
    Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Calling all Magnet LLU (not fiber customers) broadband customers – we’re looking for gamers to trial a new broadband service.

Could you please PM me if you are interested – I need details by Friday 31st August.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Don't you have a list of them already?

Just puzzled.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

watty wrote: »
    Don't you have a list of them already?

Just puzzled.

We don't know which ones are gamers and which ones are not, this prospective pack would be mainly for gamers.

Edited the thread title with this in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Is this pack available for new customers ? If so, how should I fill in the forms to apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

why kind of pings do you expect to produce rory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

LLU = normal broadband service?

Ive just signed up to bloody smart, but id be interested in this if its available

• Advertisement

Jim_No.6 wrote: »
    Is this pack available for new customers ? If so, how should I fill in the forms to apply?

If you PM me your number I can give you a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'd be interested but I'm locked into BT till next april. So I'll check my exchange next april and I'll call on you then if it's okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

If you PM me your number I can give you a call.

I probably will - I am likely to change BB provider in the near future, and I've passed the magnet line checker.

Can you give some kind of estimate on when Magnet are going to start rolling this out?

Jim_No.6 wrote: »
    I probably will - I am likely to change BB provider in the near future, and I've passed the magnet line checker.

Can you give some kind of estimate on when Magnet are going to start rolling this out?

That's good, to be honest it totally depends on how the trial goes. Its been tested in the lab and it looks well but we can't roll it out until it has been properly tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mr_THC

Hi Rory. Yesterday i've ordered Magnets ADSL2+ 24 meg broadband, and really would be happy to try out your new service. Could you post more details about price, speeds and expected latency, please? Thank you.

• Advertisement

Mr_THC wrote: »
    Hi Rory. Yesterday i've ordered Magnets ADSL2+ 24 meg broadband, and really would be happy to try out your new service. Could you post more details about price, speeds and expected latency, please? Thank you.

Can you send me a PM with your name and mobile number and I will see if you are eligible.

Our first priority for new customers is to stabilise their lines, so sometimes we avoid trials on these lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Could i ask what's the improvements or what have you done for gamers on this new gaming broadband? I don't think theres a hope of me seeing magnet any time soon here in sligo :(

strongr wrote: »
    Could i ask what's the improvements or what have you done for gamers on this new gaming broadband? I don't think theres a hope of me seeing magnet any time soon here in sligo :(

Dont know if theres any road-map at the moment for Sligo. The new pack is really aiming for lower latency, its in trialing at the moment so I have no idea of what the outcome will be at this moment.

Advertisement