Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Galway and looking for a good hairdresser and tailor

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,
    I'm looking for an Aisan hairdresser in Galway or anyone who knows how to cut Asian hair - any ideas?
    Also, I collect vintage clothes and have about 6 dresses that I need altered. Since some of the pieces are delicate I don't want to just take them to any old alteration place. Does anyone have any recommendations? My hairdresser (Grainne in the Hut, who is FANTASTIC by the way - I'm looking for the Asian haridresser for a friend) suggested a place in Woodquay but she couldn't remember the name.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hi,
    I'm looking for an Aisan hairdresser in Galway or anyone who knows how to cut Asian hair - any ideas?
    Also, I collect vintage clothes and have about 6 dresses that I need altered. Since some of the pieces are delicate I don't want to just take them to any old alteration place. Does anyone have any recommendations? My hairdresser (Grainne in the Hut, who is FANTASTIC by the way - I'm looking for the Asian haridresser for a friend) suggested a place in Woodquay but she couldn't remember the name.
    Thanks!

I have a few Malaysian friends and they all go to Barrys I think it is? Place down the steps beside Easons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 VintageKitten

My friend is Malaysian too so that sounds perfect! I'll head there now and see if I can find it - thanks somuch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

There was a guy in the new indoor market on dominic street that had a rack of vintage clothing that his wife/gf had altered to create different things such as a dress from a mans suit etc. They also do alterations and more creative stuff according to the guy so they may well be the place for taking your vintage stuff to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 VintageKitten

Thanks Webbs, I wouldn't have thought of trying there at all. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kinteo

Hi, i am new to Galway and i am looking for a hairdresser who knows how to cut asian hair. I stumbled across this post earlier. Are the hairdressers in Barry good at cutting asian hair ? Do any of u know any other barbershop or salon which is good at cutting asian hair ? Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement