Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The world's most important 6-sec drum loop - Amen

Options
  • 26-07-2009 10:03pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is possibly the best video i have ever watched. BK-One dropped this on his Facebook profile the other day and i've been thinking about it ever since

How many songs can you name that use this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah very good video, been around a long time now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    How many songs can you name that use this??

The bigger question is how many songs use this and you don't even know it. The potential to splice it, pull singular hits from it etc etc is pretty much an unending thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dragan wrote: »
    The bigger question is how many songs use this and you don't even know it. The potential to splice it, pull singular hits from it etc etc is pretty much an unending thing.

:DThere is always the flip side of the coin

It reminds me of a documentary called KeepInTime put together by B+. He took session drummers from the 60's 70's and paired them up with modern producers and DJ's (Madlib, babu, Cut Chemist etc). Most of the beats that these drummers recorded back in the day have been re-used over and over and over.....http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A5467070 is a good article on this.

It would be interesting to see how many songs have used the drum loops and the Amen break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

This is a really interesting video alright. Saw it a few years back. In more recent times I've read that there are far more frequently used breaks than the Amen one, but the way it spread is impressive none the less.

Advertisement