Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Time Lucky

Options
  • 26-07-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Having set myself the goal of doing three marathons within twelve months with at least one being as close to three hours as possible I'm heading for the third and final one with the DCM. I did DCM in October in 3h 12 and London in April in a miserable 3h 20. Basically want to get anywhere between 2h59 and 3h 05. Just completed my first triathlon so fitness is good,training for DCM starts tomorrow morning with an easy six miler!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ciaran15

Managed to get my six miles done today, but due to lack of foresight (Still hanging after the U2 concert on Sat) I had forgotten I needed to bring work clothes with me. Run was a trudge through the park and up the quays with a full (with clothes for the week) 20 liter backpack. Good times :)

Swam last night in the NAC took it nice and easy. Up early this morning and got 8 miles in, was a great morning for a run and felt super. Flew into work with the dreaded bag on my back again but felt no pain and didn't feel the time go by at all. I should get around to actually drawing up my marathon plan :S some time this week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Good luck with your training Ciaran. 3:20 is not too miserable in fairness. If you're looking for sub 3, then you're in a big queue - lots of boardsies looking for that... maybe not the DCM but someday.. Amadeus had a great sub 3 hour thread going thats worth a look.

Thanks Slogger Jogger, after writing it I did think it was a but much. I guess I have it in my head that it was a disappointment given the work I did for it. Anyway will defo give the other thread a look now thanks for the post!

Wednesday was a nice and early (5:30am) 6 mile run weather was awesome and was great being in town that early with no traffic on the road. Felt great after it and went for a swim last night, but an old hip injury I had (from about 7 years ago) is starting to flare up again...i'm going to "try" and take the weekend off but I know I will find it tough and end up running aided by some sort of anti-inflamatory! Did a hard and slogful 8 miles this morning was wrecked and the leg hurt (i know my own fault) plus I had the bag on my back.

• Advertisement

So did a 14 miler on Friday and felt alright after it, although time wasnt great. Short 6.5 mile on Sat. Took Sun and Mon off (swam on Mon evening). Today an 8 mile...have to start stepping it up!!

Having been updating the log but training still going....not sure how this is going to go at all! Nightmare few weeks, lost my Garmin 405 and was sick. But since last post have continued to run 6 days including a 16 and 17 miler. 20 planned for Sat. Averaging about 50-60 miles a week....not convinced it's enough though (based on past experience)

Advertisement