Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles..are we getting feile?

Options
  • 26-07-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this idea of Feile coming back is going to happen?
    Surely can't be much worse than having those bloomin matches going on.
    The town needs a bit of life brought to it no reason why it couldn't be a good idea eh..what yah rekon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I heard they done a survey to get peoples feelings on it coming back and i came back very positive,it would bring a good bit of money into the town in these hard times.i hope it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

Yeah theyve been in touch with local business,gardai the only stumbling block is residents at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

the stumbling block is the church, it would have kept going if not for the church bitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yeh wasn't it the church that stopped it in the first place, I mean what to they think locals get up to when there's no feile..a lot worse.

Surely they can't make any more a mess of the place either than any of those big matches that are on in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

What? Was it rally the church's moaning that stopped the feile? Tell me the sceal somebody please!

I remember wandering around the feile when I was like 5 or 6, walking over almost-dead bodies on the street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement