Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Review Request] KSC USP.45 Full Size-System 7

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I bought that gun off ehobby there a week or so ago, ill try stick up a review of it tomorrow. The only problem ive had with it was that the front sight was loose and the outer barrel is plastic instead of metal, pretty minor issues in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's a very good GBB. The front sight on mine became loose after a few mags of green gas, it can slide out of its notch fairly easy, but easy to fix with a bit of super glue. The mag is big and holds a good amount of gas. No issue with it at all works great and I don't know if its just me but it sounds louder than my other GBBs when fired. The system 7 is a good improvement over the standard model in regards to cool down effect.

The only thing to watch for with the system 7, is that only system 7 mags will fit as it uses a different design, the top of the mag is a different wider shape than the standard KSC USP45 mag.

I have a KSC system 7 USP Compact on the way as it is. The system 7 Tactical 45 with metal slide is next on the GBB list for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

kinkstr wrote: »
    ill try stick up a review of it tomorrow.
    That would be great. Did either of you guys have any trouble with customs???

Yea i got hit for 25 off customs i think, sorry i couldnt find the review til now had it saved in a word file with a bizarre name i couldnt remember until now, its not finished but its better than nothing:D

In the Box -

Gun, mag, hop adjustment tool, and a tool for removing the hammer spring mech.

Full H&K markings(painted on, not engraved) which look quite good apart from one slight blemish on th “p”. No KSC branding to be seen!

Its chroning at 325fps with a .20 with the hop fully off

Construction -
    Metal slide, hammer, magazine release and hammer.
    Both the frame and outer barrel are plastic

The gun has a strong crisp blowback and so far im averaging 2 mags out of one fill of propane, thats with me firing 2 shot bursts in quick sucsession with a few seconds in between bursts and then reloading and the same again with the last 2-3 shots noticebly weaker.

Whats different between the system 7 and the regualr USP
    In a nutshell, the magazine, outer barrel and recoil spring.
    The magazine has a different lip and valve than the old one and apparently the mags suffer less from cooldown due to some other new part of the design.
    The System7 outer barrel is different from the old USP and makes taking out the inner barrel very easy.

Thanks kinkstr, very helpful.:D Is the handgrip rubbery or just plain plastic??? It says on Ehobby: 300fps with Green Gas, so i'm a little worried about using propane incase it goes over 328fps. Is 325fps the highest it ever was and what was the weather like that day??? (heard it can affect chronos)
    Where can you buy propane anyways and do you need an adapter???

• Advertisement

The frame is all good quality textured ABS, no rubber effect at all like the real thing has none. You can use propane no problem its essentially the same as green gas pressure wise, it must have been a hot day to get 325fps. Mine is usually anywhere from 280-310ish.

You can get propane in any B&Q or similar type of shop, and you can get the adapter here.
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=12

So would green gas be capable of getting 325fps on a very warm day and would it be possible to get 2 mags out of one fill of green gas???

P.S I'd rather use green gas so I wouldn't have to spend 20EUR on an adapter.:cool:

If you went down the propane route it works out cheaper overall as you can get more propane for your money than green gas, the adapter would pay for itself very quickly.

How much mileage you get out of the gas varies on weather conditions and how you are firing the gun. If its a cold day and you firing as fast as you can it will consume more gas than on a warm day and you are firing normally and not doing mag dumps.

It is possible to regularly get 2 full mags, around 50 bbs from 1 fill of gas.

Thank you very much, Captain Chaos:D.
    I'm 100% sure I want that pistol now.
    Just out of curiosity, what colour do you have it in??? I'm finding it hard to decide. I want to be unique so I'm thinking about it in sand, but it looks a bit ugly, so I'm leaning towards the OD version.
    What do you think???

• Advertisement

All my USPs are in black, I know, I'm a boring b'tard. I was going to get one with the OD frame to go with my AUG A1, doing an Irish Defence Force loadout even though they have all back USPs as far as I know, with 9mm markings of course.

I'd think I'd have to see them first hand with the tan and OD frames to decide.

Ive got the OD version and id have it over the black version but thats just me, dont know what the exact temperature was, just remembering it being a reasonably warm day maybe 15-16 degrees.

Thanks guys,:D I'm gonna order it today with 2 speir mags. Will the Glock 18 holsters be ok?

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Will the Glock 18 holsters be ok?

It will be of so long as the holster is not a custom Glock one moulded to the exact shape of a full size Glock as a USP45 is a chunkier pistol than a Glock17/18.

Would these be good??? http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-gear-tactical-pistol-dropleg-holster-type-b-bk.html
    Want to get as good a fit as possible.

Advertisement