Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog kennels cost?

Options
  • 26-07-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

hi,
    can anyone tell me how much it would roughly cost to leave a small dog in a kennels for six days? greatfull for any advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Where are you located?
    (I don't personally know, but I know people will need this info)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

I just had my dog in a kennel herein Kilcock for ten days at a price of approx €140

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

i am located in west co dublin...140euro seems not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

My dog is booked in kennels at the end of August for 14 euro a night for medium dog.
    13 for small dog and 15 for large dog. It was the cheapest I found and only for the brilliant recommendation I got for it I wouldnt have went with it because I thought it was too cheap and didnt want the "you get what you pay for" line when I came back.
    Ive visited the kennels and I am content with the care my dog will get there. The owners seem like genuine dog lovers and they want my dogs first experience to be the best possible which is most important to me also.

Having rang around kennels in north dublin I was getting anywhere between 20 and 30 euro a night previous to the one he is booked into.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

plus the place for €140 euro is also a vetinary surgery which is reassuring should anything happen, my dog also came home cleaned too...but I think it's because he has a tendency to roll around in cow sh1te! (also a farm) I used to put him in a place nearby www.kufinnka.com that cost a lot more in this fancy looking place but ye swear the owner was doing ye a favour i.e. she always gave the impression you were putting her out of her way, filling out rediculously long form at book in....plus he always came home very quiet which is unusual for him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

I know you're in Dublin but theres a great kennels in Meath called Rivendell Kennels, they charge 10 euro a night, the dogs are walked everyday, talked to played with and you can bring any of the dogs stuff with you their toys etc. Also they are very flexible in regards to pick up times and drop off times. Ive had nothing but a good experience here! :)

this is their website: http://www.rivendellkennels.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

markfla wrote: »
    plus the place for €140 euro is also a vetinary surgery which is reassuring should anything happen, my dog also came home cleaned too...but I think it's because he has a tendency to roll around in cow sh1te! (also a farm) I used to put him in a place nearby www.kufinnka.com that cost a lot more in this fancy looking place but ye swear the owner was doing ye a favour i.e. she always gave the impression you were putting her out of her way, filling out rediculously long form at book in....plus he always came home very quiet which is unusual for him

I don't know this kennels, never been there, so can't comment on their care of the animals. But I find your comment interesting about the form. I would have thought that the more information a kennel has about a dog, the better care they can take of it? I own a kennel, and on my form I ask what food the dog normally eats - the number of people that just write nuts is staggering. I want to know this so that I can feed the same food, to stop the dog getting an upset stomach and getting stressed.

Can I ask what sort of questions are on the form that you would think are unnecessary? Sorry for hijacking the thread, if you want to pm me with this instead, thats fine.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭meisha

would u consider home boarding?if so PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We pay €18 a day for each our dogs. It's expensive, but we're really happy with the kennel. It's on a couple of acres, so they get long walks every day, and they have a decent size enclosure for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Hi Op,
    I home board dogs in my house for €20 a night. I only take 2 boarders at a time so the dogs get lots of attention and cuddles. The boarders sleep in my living room with their own couches. Dogs are walked 3 times a day and get at least 8 hours of attention a day. When dogs come to stay with me, they are basicly on their own little holiday. I send updates to owners every 2 days also.
    If you are interested, please feel free to pm me with dates. I have excellent refferences from many past clients and can assure you that all the doggies that come to stay with me are treated like my own.:)
    Laura.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

Leaving my dogs in athboy boarding kennels this week for 9 nights, costing me €180 for the 2 dogs altogether.

Went to see alot of kennels and this was my favourite, the couple that run it were so nice, spent ages there chatting, the dogs were all happy and active, tails wagging, the kennels were bright and airy and spotless!

Went to see a place out in Moyvalley who would have taken them for €160 and was shocked at the conditions, dark damp kennels for sleeping, they stank too and the outdoor runs were full of weeds as tall as me (I'm 6ft 3) I practically ran out of the place.

Make sure you go see a few places to make sure your happy and don't just go on price.

Advertisement