Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of rolling tobacco

Options
  • 26-07-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Whats the price of rolling tobacco these days?

Or what is the cheapest pack of cigarettes available now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

i smoke mayfair menthol, they're 7.15, but if times are tough, amberleaf, think its 4 somehting for the small pack with skins.

i miss the days when i used smoke marlboros :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I find not smoking is the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Never a better time to try giving up tbh. I bought Champix the other day, gonna start on them tomorrow =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

i smoke mayfair menthol, they're 7.15, but if times are tough, amberleaf, think its 4 somehting for the small pack with skins.

i miss the days when i used smoke marlboros :(

Not anymore the're not. As of last monday, they are 7.75 due to ministerial order stopping cheap fags. This affects all the cheaper ones - mayfair, pallmall, richmond, lambert and butler etc etc.

Amber leaf is now 4.20 for a box with the papers included inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Sound, i have €5,71 exactly - and thats mostly from inside the couch. Do they sell this amberleaf everywhere yeah? dont want to do in counting pennies like a bum only to be like 3euros short...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I get the 12.5g pack of light blue drum normally. It's less than a fiver including a packet of papers. Lasts about 2 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

The box of amber leaf is shíte, I don't even smoke and I know that. No seal, so the tobacco is dry as a baked turd after an hour or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Sound, i have €5,71 exactly - and thats mostly from inside the couch. Do they sell this amberleaf everywhere yeah? dont want to do in counting pennies like a bum only to be like 3euros short...
    Yeah its widely availible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

Not anymore the're not. As of last monday, they are 7.75 due to ministerial order stopping cheap fags. This affects all the cheaper ones - mayfair, pallmall, richmond, lambert and butler etc etc.

Amber leaf is now 4.20 for a box with the papers included inside.

WHAT?? even pallmall (its dirt, but it, like 2 euro in spain!)

right, ill be on the amberleaf for a while yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I'm sitting here with a pile of it flashed at 7.15. I has to be collected by the cig company and destroyed as its now illegal to sell it (unless you want to give me 7.75). Its some formula based on the weight and this dictates most if not all cigs are minimum 7.75.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Glad I quit smoking when the smoking ban came in. I remember buying ten fags for 1.24, and boxes of matches were 6p. You'd have enough for 10 fags, a box of matches and a bottle of score orange all for £1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

i remember 10 smokes and matches for 90p, so the skivvy you got to cycle to the shop got 10p tip:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

btw, how many grams of tobacco is in a box of cigarettes?

Mayfair ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

As a hardened rollie smoker,any of the cheap tobacco - Amber Leaf,Cutters Choice,Sweet Afton etc are horrible.

Golden Virginia is widely available in 12.5 gram pouches.

Golden Virginia FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Has to be drum light blue and rizla red ftw, can make it last too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

A mate brought me back a couple of pouches of Drum from Spain , €3.50 for 50 grammes . Somethng like €17 euros here.

Saying that I am going to try and give them up again , Might try that Champix , I'll be able to go swimming running , cycling , play tennis , but I bet the string is really hard to light.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Kradock wrote: »
    ...Might try that Champix , I'll be able to go swimming running , cycling , play tennis , but I bet the string is really hard to light.

hahaha, wont be long now sure until the government starts slapping a tax on those too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Cutters choice is where it's at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

hahaha, wont be long now sure until the government starts slapping a tax on those too!

They might as well they are bleeding everything else dry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

Golden virginia boxes are 11.5grams €3.70, includes blue rizla. Amber Leaf is 12.5grams €4.20, includes some skins that are like green rizla. Golden Virginia ftw, Amber Leaf is very sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i like neither. i smoked amber leaf for ages until i moved onto cutters choice. Though the above are both nicer than drum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if you know anyone going to spain in the next while get them to get you 10 50g pouches of drum light for €30

itll last you well over 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wait, I've just gotten the joke. It's free to roll tobacco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Golden virginia it comes in a little bale of 11.5 g at 3.70 euros comes with a packet of blue rizzla to...... You see them in some shops in ciggerate boxs....

Never liked drum...drum light was more barable but my favourite was Samson...thankfully i now have the money for real fags but might as well give up before I go back to poverty again (college)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Never liked drum...drum light was more barable but my favourite was Samson...thankfully i now have the money for real fags but might as well give up before I go back to poverty again (college)

i think "real smokes " are stupid there 8.50 for 20 and they taste rottin, where as most rolling tobacco with a filter is much nicer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

yea drum light is around $3.90 for 12.5 pack....i think cutters choice is around the same but i find it a bit too heavy....but if you have holiday in spain planned you would get 5 times that for the same price....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

i think "real smokes " are stupid there 8.50 for 20 and they taste rottin, where as most rolling tobacco with a filter is much nicer :)

dito
    Have not bought Drum tobacco in a Irish shop for a long time,always somebody ya know holidaying in Spain over the summer months and buy in bulk and a save a fortune :)
    10 x 50g for €30 in Spain and €170 here :eek: :eek:
    Do get enough each summer to do me the year.
    Fúcker when out on the booze though trying to roll them when well on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

dlofnep wrote: »
    Glad I quit smoking when the smoking ban came in. I remember buying ten fags for 1.24, and boxes of matches were 6p. You'd have enough for 10 fags, a box of matches and a bottle of score orange all for £1.50.

sounds like the best saturday afternoon ever!

Advertisement