Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M-sporting my jammer

Options
  • 26-07-2009 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

ANybody get an M-sport body kit for an SE E60? With the wheels.

I actually prefer the SE over the M-sport for suspension, seats, comfort etc but I think it looks a bit tame at times.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Do you mean from the factory or aftermarket?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hard Shaw wrote: »
    ANybody get an M-sport body kit for an SE E60? With the wheels.

I actually prefer the SE over the M-sport for suspension, seats, comfort etc but I think it looks a bit tame at times.
    kbannon wrote: »
    Do you mean from the factory or aftermarket?

i dont think theres an aftermarket M-sport kit for the E60 so im assuming you want to go the oem route, you can do the full conversion for about 1800 euros. a guy over on www.bmw-driver.net only got his done last week and has a great project thread going.

he used Conlons BMW.

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

let me know if your serious about this as i want to M-sport my SE E90 and we may just get a discount for doubling up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hard Shaw

Nice one for that. Just what I was looking for. Is that €1800 just for the kit to be sprayed and fitted. The wheels then would be another expense. I wonder is it worth it.

Nice one for that. Just what I was looking for. Is that €1800 just for the kit to be sprayed and fitted. The wheels then would be another expense. I wonder is it worth it.

yeah wheels would be extra. cost depends on what you paid for the car, what you owe on it and if you plan to keep it for a few more years. i think it would be worth it when it comes to resale especially if done right. it should help it shift quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hard Shaw

kceire wrote: »
    yeah wheels would be extra. cost depends on what you paid for the car, what you owe on it and if you plan to keep it for a few more years. i think it would be worth it when it comes to resale especially if done right. it should help it shift quicker.
    I don't know. Would people be dubious about an SE with Msport bits. I'm not too worried about the resale as I'm quids in on the car already.

• Advertisement

I don't know. Would people be dubious about an SE with Msport bits. I'm not too worried about the resale as I'm quids in on the car already.

people would if you had no record of who fitted it. then you could take some pics to show the progress of it. i wouldnt be put off by an Mtech kit on an DE aslong as the kit was genuine, the kit was fitted perfectly and the colour match was spot on. then just do the nprmal checks to make sure the lit wasnt put on to hide a crash and your ok.

i would do it to mine in a heart beat depending on cost etc etc as i plan to keep my car for at least another 3 years.

Advertisement