Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Dogs Marking/Spraying ?

Options
  • 26-07-2009 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Have 2 male Jack Russells - they are 1 year and 5 months old - they mark almost everything - does anyone know how to stop this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just marking their territory I assume?
    Are they neutered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angeladunnedl

No they are not neutered

Well, some dogs are more territorial when un-neutered. They might be marking out their territory from other dogs. It's not a definite way to stop it but it might help. I'll go see if I can find out more.
    edit- yeah google agrees with me - seems neutering does help them stop marking their territory.
    And it means they won't go nuts if a female in heat is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angeladunnedl

Think neutering is the only answer - unfortunately this is all happening inside the house. Thanks for your help.

Yeah some of the results I read were people saying their dogs were going inside the house too. Neutering aside, you need to be very strict about them going inside the house, I assume you let them know they've done wrong and put them outside? or if you catch them going put them out on the grass. You need to be firm and say 'no' if you see them going, and put them outside. Just so they also learn not to go in the house, especially the pup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement