Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jarvis Cocker

Options
  • 26-07-2009 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on his solo career. He is playing near me next week and was wondering if his solo performance is any good.
    I loved Pulped but haven't listened to any of his solo career to be honest.
    Normally I would go anyway but kind of broke and trying to save at the moment so might give it a skip if it is unremarkable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

This is my favourite of his solo songs. Everyone sing along! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Love, love ,love Jarvis.

Quite like Further Complications, guitars are a bit rockier for Jarvis.
    I havent seen him solo live myself, hopefully he does a gig here soon but I thought he was fantastic at Glastonbury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

I wish he'd do a gig in Ireland.

I also love Pulp but I saw Jarvis solo at the Electirc Picnic in 2007. He was great. I prefer his first solo album though. I thought it was more Pulp-like. The recent one has been hard work for me. I must give it another go. As for the live show though, Jarv was still great. He still chats away like an old friend in between songs, is really funny, says important things. I think you should go and have a great night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Any solo Jarvis stuff I've heard is fantastic. He's got a great song called ***** Are Still Running The World. Best title ever! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Dudess wrote: »
    Any solo Jarvis stuff I've heard is fantastic. He's got a great song called ***** Are Still Running The World. Best title ever! :)

See my post above. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Love love love Jarvis Cocker!
    Like someone else, I'm finding his new album is a bit difficult, but his live show is brilliant. I saw him at Electric Picnic 2007 and it was a highlight. His on-stage banter is very witty and endearing altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

flyswatter wrote: »
    See my post above. ;)
    Sorry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭NiallMH

Don't let him waste your time is a deadly song :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Homewrecker from the new one.. slamming!!

Advertisement