Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick dog

Options
  • 26-07-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi people
    5 month old golden retreiver i have just found vomit in the hall then she had two poo's very very runny in the sitting room she has never gone in the hoouse before !!!!!!!!
    what should i do any suggestions welcome cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Withhold food and give her plenty of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah I'd keep her on water for the moment, if she's starving you can always give her a few bits of food from your hand, one by one (that's what I do when my pup's been sick, or else she'll devour the food and throw it up again).
    Keep a close eye on her and if you feel it's getting worse/not getting better, bring her to the vets in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 paulbhoy

she has plenty of water but cant make her drink it
    usually in the morning when i go out to her she is hyper but this morning she barely even acknowledged that i was there is this normal????
    is it just an upset stomach or should i get her to a vet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hmm my pup's like that when she's not well, she'll just lie there and be lethargic and sad.
    If you feel your pup is very out of character, there's no harm in ringing the vet and describing it and see what they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd say if your dog is drinking there's no immediate cause for concern, however if the dog hasn't recovered by Monday I'd be paying a visit to the Vets.

As for food, when your dog is sick just try mild, bland food like boiled rice and chicken.

But whatever else, make sure there's plenty of water about and somewhere comfy for the dog to rest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement