Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Guy seasons 1 to 6 €34.99 @ Argos.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

This reservation relates to the item(s) only, not the price. The item(s) have not been paid for and the price you pay is the price valid in store when the goods are collected. This may result in the price being different, for example after a promotion that was valid at the time the goods were reserved has ended
    They probably won't honour it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Looks like the pricing for season 7 with the wrong:( info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Not in stock in any shop, so unlikely to be honoured, although at this stage that is about what Family Guy should cost for those seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Argos have honoured misprices before. I got a camera lens before which was about 150 euro below the price it should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

viking wrote: »
    Argos have honoured misprices before. I got a camera lens before which was about 150 euro below the price it should have been.

True that.

I got an LCD from them for around €1800 less than what it should've been, so fair play.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Maybe they just want to get rid of them, its not that much of a crazy misprice i think, especially if its a clear out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Not in stock in any shop, so unlikely to be honoured, although at this stage that is about what Family Guy should cost for those seasons

Its in stock in Tralee MC.

Care to post screen shot of it in stock? It can be ordered for collection then when you do a reserve they tell you to PFO

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Yeah says it's available in all of Cork's stores then you get told it's out of stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I reserved a copy in Limerick. Screenshot attached. Will let you know how I get on. Cheers Jaytee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

its a missprice. shows up the following when i went to checkout

Product Qty Subtotal
    Fox Family Guy Complete 1-6 Series DVD 051/0019 €69.98
    Total: €69.98

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

cronos wrote: »
    its a missprice. shows up the following when i went to checkout

Product Qty Subtotal
    Fox Family Guy Complete 1-6 Series DVD 051/0019 €69.98
    Total: €69.98
    Looks to me as that you had the quantity as 2, as its double the price. IM getting the same original price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this could turn ugly when people go to collect their boxset, not worth the hassle imo unless you're living within a stone's throw of one of their shops

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

gone from can't check to stock to "out of stock" now.

Does that late a night, seems their servers are going through backup etc and are unavailable.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Argos left me a message on my mobile this morning informing me that there was a "problem" with this item and they do not have it in stock.

Surprise surprise... They never intended to have it in stock is more likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Great find... Managed to reserve the last copy in my area for £20
    Gotta love living in London sometimes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't be hopeful in getting this.. some comments from HUKD forums:
    Just had a phone call from my local Argos telling me that the DVD that i ordered has been cancelled as there is no stock in the warehouse! Covering the ***** me thinks! lol
    I just went and picked it up today.
    Guess what? They gave me season 7 and the receipt only says Family Guy DVD Boxset.
    Then had to wait 1 hour in customer services trying to return the damn thing.
    I actually printed my online order, which clearly states:

"Fox Family Guy Complete 1-6 Series DVD" 051/0019

But if they don't physically have any 1-6 boxsets in stock, then that makes it difficult for them to hand one over.

I was going to pop in today to pick mine up, but I very much doubt that it will be the 1-6 set, and I will have wasted my time, so I think unless someone actually does manage to pick up a 1-6 set, I will not bother.
    Well I've just been to pick mine up and guess what... it was series 7

Sorry folks
    just went to get mine and what a suprise season 7 then had to argue for a refund as the product is excluded from 30 day money back gurantiee but i got it in the end
    season 7, cant do anything as they dont stock 1-6
    same here, still showing as series 1-6 on the computer so i paid at the checkout and they tried to palm me off with series 7, had to get a refund
    See the third last one there... bear this in mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

But I think the problem is the receipt, not the online reservation, but the receipt after you pay says simply "Family Guy DVD Boxset". Take a printout of the website reservation just in case you get this excuse.

They don't have a knowledge in store what the website advertises it as.. their computer simply comes back with it as a "Family Guy DVD Boxset", not the Complete Set.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Had a look around today.. Dundalk, Dundrum SC, Jervis SC, St. Steven's Green SC and the Ilac SC all out of stock (I was in the area :p).

Advertisement