Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill Hicks

• 25-07-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭

Think if Tommy Tiernans getting a nomination for it. Why not Bill Hicks. He is a comedy legend who died too young.

“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

The man was ahead of his time in comedy.

Is Bill Hicks a Legend 37 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 37 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

On a major Bill Hicks buzz these days, just bought 'Love All The People', easily my favourite comedian/speaker/can I say philosopher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Arktos.as.l

Has he ever done a joke that isn't about drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Has he ever done a joke that isn't about drugs.

Yeah he has done plenty.

His stuff about the 1st Gulf war and Bush were very very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

He wasn't a comedian, he was a visionary who told jokes. A hero.

Profiler wrote: »
    Yeah he has done plenty.

His stuff about the 1st Gulf war and Bush were very very funny.

Ok sorry. Only ever saw clips of him doing jokes about how great drugs are. Seemed like a one trick pony. Any links to the others stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Ok sorry. Only ever saw clips of him doing jokes about how great drugs are. Seemed like a one trick pony. Any links to the others stuff?

Bill Hicks on Marketing

Bill Hicks on Religion

Bill Hicks on JFK

Plenty of great bits can be found on the You Tube links to the left. Enjoy :D

Sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭x MarK x

On a major Bill Hicks buzz these days, just bought 'Love All The People', easily my favourite comedian/speaker/can I say philosopher?

abso****inlutely. i call him the "messiah". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭x MarK x

try youtube for his stuff on smoking, prepare to piss yourself :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eresu96T8a0&feature=related

i added this, part about smokin starts a little before the 3 min mark, brilliant

Advertisement