Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OT: threads containing the word "bored"

Options
  • 25-07-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

I was bored this afternoon waiting to go to Croke Park, so I decided to search the word "bored" :D - there are 7 threads with titles containing the word "bored" and 375 posts.

Seems to me to be a weird stimulus to go out and take a picture, boredom. I think you need to be inspired, to be joyful or sad, not just in a kind of meh humour. It needs to be a proactive pursuit, not something to be done because you're understimulated.
    I was bored so I did this ...
    I was bored so I did that ...

I think a better approach might be:

I was inspired the other day and I went out and did this!
    3736386302_d07bc12a69.jpg

Idle Hands Are The Devil's Tools :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Hugh_C wrote: »
    I was bored this afternoon waiting to go to Croke Park, so I decided to search the word "bored" :D - there are 7 threads with titles containing the word "bored" and 375 posts.

Seems to me to be a weird stimulus to go out and take a picture, boredom. I think you need to be inspired, to be joyful or sad, not just in a kind of meh humour. It needs to be a proactive pursuit, not something to be done because you're understimulated.
    I was bored so I did this ...
    I was bored so I did that ...
    I think a better approach might be:

I was inspired the other day and I went out and did this!
    Idle Hands Are The Devil's Tools :D

I am finding that when I take a photograph I think:
    "ooh today I really want to try this, I think will go and take some pictures!"

But when I am Post processing, I find myself thinking
    "I am so bored I might just fiddle around with the gimp...." :o

I was bored last night so I PP'd this:
    46DAF755FF63404D955F0ABD5346899F-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Crispin wrote: »
    I was bored last night so I PP'd this:

utterly cool image and pp

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Crispin, I'm looking at your image and it seems like we were both at the same time same place :D
    L26.JPG

Advertisement