Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Intercity Station Survey - Irish Rail

Options
  • 25-07-2009 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=420
    Intercity Station Survey by Marketing Dept

Take a few minutes to let us know your thoughts on our main Intercity Stations. Click Here to take survey

I think click on the survey link from the Irish Rail webpage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Heuston:

(1) Remove the pigeons / pigeon droppings from the dining areas
    (2) Fix the signage directing people to Platform 5
    (3) Proper bus shelters
    (4) Better information on interchange, e.g. maps, timetables, fares
    (5) Accommodation booking office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Cork Kent:

Turn the bloody thing around already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Useless survey, it only relates to a few large stations which are pretty decent. It is the smaller stations that need upgrading. Some have no timetable, no notification of what platform the next train is at and no way to purchase a ticket. Unless things have changed, Enfield comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Victor wrote: »
    Heuston:

(1) Remove the pigeons / pigeon droppings from the dining areas

Very simple solution to that problem and very popular around UK railway stations, give them no place to perch.

Bird_spikes_sign_282x200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

They have those spikes in Heuston (and other places like Limerick) but I can only assume they have missed some surfaces, or that the pigeons are happy enough staying at floor level and enjoying the rubbish - although I think the pigeons mostly stay in the bus yard at Limerick these days - so the spikes may have had some effect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Zoney wrote: »
    They have those spikes in Heuston (and other places like Limerick) but I can only assume they have missed some surfaces, or that the pigeons are happy enough staying at floor level and enjoying the rubbish - although I think the pigeons mostly stay in the bus yard at Limerick these days - so the spikes may have had some effect.
    Shows how long sinceI was in an Irish main line station. Perhaps employ a few cats. :)

Advertisement