Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riveting book by local man

Options
  • 25-07-2009 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I've mentioned this briefly on another forum, but it's relevant to Co. Kilkenny...local journalist and occasional campaigner against bloodsports has written an absolute cracker of a book about his campaigning adventures. Bad Hare Days is the story of what happened to him when he took on the might of the coursing clubs. It reads like a thriller but it's billed as non-fiction. He has a site devoted to info about it that's worth a look. It's www.myspace.com/banharecoursingireland

I heard he's written other books about Kilkenny's heritage and great local characters. I haven't read any of those. Bad Hare Days interests me because I've been opposed to cruelty, whether in sport or anywhere else, all my life.

Kilkenny, both city and county, comes into Bad Hare Days big time, so there's a big local angle. Names of Kilkenny folk are changed so there be some fun with guys picking themselves out! Lots about the downside of policing too (Greyhound-owning guards took to arresting anti-coursing people at one stage and all hell broke loose....and he describes the extraordinary power wielded by coursing clubs in their effort to silence opposition to their "sport".

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just a shame my browser doesn't allow me to goto myspace.com ;)

myspacebad.png

Advertisement