Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUST SEEN OVER D22 !!!

Options
  • 25-07-2009 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

ok so here i am in my bed with the window open....why not !

but i here a couple of noises outside in the garden (my bed is right next to the window) so i sit up and have a goo outside only to find its a cat

ok thats fine but i take a glance into the sky as im about to lie back on my bed when i notice a very very bright star (i think it is) staying in one place perfectly still so i thought nothing of it...but then it stopped being bright after a min and went very dim but still in the one spot and after 1-2 mins it went back really bright again ... so thats the first one

while looking at that bright thing i notice something else flying very high up...too high to be a plane ! with only one flashy light and the entire object was glowing red from the very behind !!! couldnt make out a shape of it
    also it wasnt making any noise either !!! it was flying in a perfectly straight line heading towards dublin city. (north side) but not in the proper manner to land at an airport...definitly not plane..im close to the airport and see planes all the time and also they all go the same way as each other for take off and landing ... there is a little air strip up the road from me but as i said this thing looks way too high to be a plane at all and when planes land at our little air strip their normally private jets and REALLY LOW !!! so low you can see it in very high detail and read the writing on it ...

anybody got any ideas what they might be ? UFO ???

i just had another look out the window and the big bright (star) is still there and the other glowing red thing just went by AGAIN really high up and really fast but this time heading over towards Dun laoghaire !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

It may be satellite or space missions that are currently ongoing.I dont know if there is any at present.
    I m sure you could check the web and compare what you saw (and when) with any activity that may be planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    It may be satellite or space missions that are currently ongoing.I dont know if there is any at present.
    I m sure you could check the web and compare what you saw (and when) with any activity that may be planned.

ok satellite i wouldnt say so.... it was too high for plane but too low for anything in space and again it was glowing red with one flashy light that was white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

robbie_998 wrote: »
    ok satellite i wouldnt say so.... it was too high for plane but too low for anything in space and again it was glowing red with one flashy light that was white.

Flashy white lights are strobe lights on aircraft tha flash at intervals and can be seen from a great distance, im going to say it was an Aircraft transiting at Altitude just to the fact of a "flashy light", the red could have been a navigation light too, also Aircraft come in different shapes and sizes especially Business/Corporate Aircraft which are known as "Biz Jets" these types of Aircraft travel far far higher and faster than your normal Airliner and have engines that are very quiet as they have to get into some Airports like London City which has a noise abatement act in that area so these Aircraft tend to be extremely quite indeed in order to not get fined for exceeding noise decibels set by certain Airports.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah +1 to what Aircrafttechie said. Ive seen it a few times on a clear night

Regarding the star going bright and dim, its more than likely attributed to scattered high level cloud briefly passing your view of the star.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

faceman wrote: »
    Yeah +1 to what Aircrafttechie said. Ive seen it a few times on a clear night

Regarding the star going bright and dim, its more than likely attributed to scattered high level cloud briefly passing your view of the star.
    thats what it sounds like to me also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well the space shuttle is flying on a mission to the international space station at the moment. So it could easily have been that.

But then again it could also have been ufos :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Tell me this -- why the hell would you post this in 'Paranormal' rather than 'Astronomy'?

Perchance do you WANT it to be a UFO? :rolleyes:

f*ck sake

Dave! wrote: »
    Tell me this -- why the hell would you post this in 'Paranormal' rather than 'Astronomy'?

Perchance do you WANT it to be a UFO? :rolleyes:

f*ck sake

for 2 reasons ...

1) we dont know what it is cos if it was a plane why did it come around twice when its about 2 in the morning when if it was gonna land it would be clear anyway

and

2) and because i dont see you moving it there man

Yeah, you don't know what it is and either do I. But the way to find out is to ask people who MIGHT know (ie. those with an interest in looking at the sky), and exhaust the possibility that it might be something uninteresting like a satellite passing overhead or whatever. After that you could maybe ask someone who knows about aircrafts/aviation, and see if there's a reason why an airplane would be flying really high above an airfield. Perhaps a miscommunication between planes meant that one had to make a rapid ascent to avoid a collision? Just a suggestion.

Point is, you don't know enough about astronomy or aviation to jump to conclusions about what it is or isn't, could or could not be.

Dave! wrote: »
    Yeah, you don't know what it is and either do I. But the way to find out is to ask people who MIGHT know (ie. those with an interest in looking at the sky), and exhaust the possibility that it might be something uninteresting like a satellite passing overhead or whatever. After that you could maybe ask someone who knows about aircrafts/aviation, and see if there's a reason why an airplane would be flying really high above an airfield. Perhaps a miscommunication between planes meant that one had to make a rapid ascent to avoid a collision? Just a suggestion.

Point is, you don't know enough about astronomy or aviation to jump to conclusions about what it is or isn't, could or could not be.

thats why i post here... cos i dont know !

as you just said the best way to find out is to ask people who know these things hence i come here !

• Advertisement

Yeah but the thing is, if you have a medical ailment you go to a doctor, if you want to know about history you ask a historian, if you want to know about animals you talk to a zoologist. Yet when you want to know about something in the sky, you come here and ask 'paranormalists'? It's similar to people who see abnormalities/dots in a photograph, so their first port of call is to ask the ghostbusters. How about asking an experienced photographer?!

well to be fair i do think a flying triangle that glows red at the back is a bit out of the ordinary ! but then again i do believe you when you say these people call the ghostbusters everytime the wind blows a door close

Alright mate fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Jimmy the alien here; yeah, that was me. Well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

but then again i do believe you when you say these people call the ghostbusters everytime the wind blows a door close

Who the **** does that? The perception that people are desperate to believe in UFOs and Ghosts persist across anyone with a passing interest in the unknown really pisses me off ! /rant

Take it to Astrology obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 footloose jen

ok so here i am in my bed with the window open....why not !

but i here a couple of noises outside in the garden (my bed is right next to the window) so i sit up and have a goo outside only to find its a cat

ok thats fine but i take a glance into the sky as im about to lie back on my bed when i notice a very very bright star (i think it is) staying in one place perfectly still so i thought nothing of it...but then it stopped being bright after a min and went very dim but still in the one spot and after 1-2 mins it went back really bright again ... so thats the first one

while looking at that bright thing i notice something else flying very high up...too high to be a plane ! with only one flashy light and the entire object was glowing red from the very behind !!! couldnt make out a shape of it
    also it wasnt making any noise either !!! it was flying in a perfectly straight line heading towards dublin city. (north side) but not in the proper manner to land at an airport...definitly not plane..im close to the airport and see planes all the time and also they all go the same way as each other for take off and landing ... there is a little air strip up the road from me but as i said this thing looks way too high to be a plane at all and when planes land at our little air strip their normally private jets and REALLY LOW !!! so low you can see it in very high detail and read the writing on it ...

anybody got any ideas what they might be ? UFO ???

i just had another look out the window and the big bright (star) is still there and the other glowing red thing just went by AGAIN really high up and really fast but this time heading over towards Dun laoghaire !!!

just wanted to say i saw this too on sat night would have been quiet late cos i was at a friends house and im in d12 also one of my kids were awake at home and he also saw it cos he got a bit of a fright said it was very bright and went for a while and then came back! :eek:

Advertisement