Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flip Down Ceiling Mounted LCD Screen

Options
  • 24-07-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am looking to mount a 22" or 26" LCD Screen on a ceiling mount that I can flip up out of the way when not in use. The tv will be located over a dormer window in the Master Bedroom and I have already power and a co-ax point in the ceiling for it.
    My problem is that I have tried googling for a suitable mounting bracket but am only finding brackets that will take up to a 19" screen and most are really only for mounting under kitchen cabinets.

Has anyone successfully mounted a larger screen in such a manner, I would appreciate any advice or info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Welcome to boards :pac:

You could try one of these CLICK
    Traditionally this would be mounted on a wall horizontally, but you could wount it on a ceiling vertically. Just an idea not sure if it will work, You could probably get a similar mount cheaper, its just for illustration purposes. Correct me if im wrong btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mac2908

Thx for your reply Loobz;

Unfortunately I don't think this bracket will be suitable as there doesn't seem to be any spring loaded or locking mechanism to keep the tv in the vertical position.

As i stated in my original post there are brackets available for ceiling mounting but they do not support the larger screens.

I wonder has anyone used one of these brackets for a larger screen than recommended successfully.

Advertisement